Michael Moore on the Factor tonight!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Just wanted everyone to know!

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

thanks for the heads up. i watched it. without exaggeration i think i can say i dislike moore than any other person in the world who isnt a violent criminal.

his points are always the cheapest, lowest-level, emotionally charged, sanctimonious, dishonest crap i have ever heard. everything he says is self serving in such a detestable way. his holier than thou attitude reminds of the incredible lengths people will go to for attention, and to be considered reighteous. why tell the truth when you can constantly use the deaths of american soldiers for your own personal political capital, right mr moore?

he presents the false dichotomy of death of americans vs agreeing with him. either agree with everything he says, or you must want to kill children. the worst possible sort of tactic for useful discourse.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Dammit if i didn't miss this......

I wanted to see O'Reilley make him look like the idiot that he is.

Well I guess he looks like an idiot all on his own.

4. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Moore has got to be the most closed minded, stubborn person in our country.

Ben Aflect was able to engage in honest open debate with O'Reily and came off (at least in my book) as credible.

I had a teacher one time that told me to truly understand a subject matter and be qualified to make an educated decision on a stance on the issue, i must first be able to debate BOTH sides of the issue. That is full understance of the issue.

Moore certainly can not even comprehend any point of view other than his. And when Ted Koppel engaged Moore later on Nightline about how to fix Iraq, Moore said the only way to fix it is to immediately pull out all American troops out of Iraq and send foreign troops in. Kopple asked if Moore had discussed this point with Kerry because that was not Kerry's position, in fact Kerry wants to almost double the number of troops on the ground. Moore, denied this at first then claimed that 80% of the delegates going to vote for Kerry wanted troops immediately out and he (better) do as they want or else. How can Moore be so supportative of Kerry when Kerry is committed to the one thing Moore says is the most important to him?

Moore is an idiot incapable of listening to any point of view but his own. I guess that is why he does so well in France.
    :usaflagwa :laflagwav :lsug:

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I love how he keeps referring to all the soldiers and Marines over in Iraq as "children." Last time I checked, the military consisted of adults who made a conscious decision to join a fighting organization, knowing full well that they could be placed in a combat zone and could possibly be killed. These are not children. Being a Marine, that offends the hell out of me. The man needs his throat slit.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ahhh. The time honored tradition of fragging. If only Moore had his fat a$$ on the field of battle.

I got home late and missed "The Factor". I was hoping for the replay at 10 but they were too busy analyzing Teresa Kerry's speech. What are her qualifications to speak to the convention anyway? OK, she's Kerry's wife. My wife doesn't speak at my important business meetings. OK, she married a wealthy man (Heinz). That makes her opinion worth anything? Christ, what a waste of network time.

7. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

The weird thing is many of those supposed adults can't drink, gamble, or drive a rental. They need parental approval for all documents and still depend on their family. If they are adults, oh well.

8. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Moore kept trying to goat O'Reliy into saying he would send his son to Falughauha (SP).

What O'Reily should have said was that if his son or daughter voluntarily enlisted in our military, then he would support them going with their unit to wherever the Commander and Chief sent them. That does not mean you have to like it, nor does it mean you will not be sad or scared but rather you would be proud. And us here at home should be proud of them too.

I like the rest of you, get tons of email crap, but this part made me think a little when we talk about how dangerous Iraq is for our solders.

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January.....
    In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

If Iraq is about the same size as California, how many Americans have died in California in the last year (either by murder, or accident)?
    :usaflagwa :laflagwav :lsug:

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

what point do you think you are making here? grow up man. stop making stupid points because you oppose us republicans. make a real point istead of arguing something this stupid.

you statement above makes no point at all. your use of the term "supposed" in quotes is incredibly childish. just say what you are saying, stop trying to be crafty. you dont have it in you.

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Here is a transcript of the "debate";

transcript from Drudge report

According to Moore's definition of a lie, if a person in ancient Egypt said that the Earth was flat (because that was the belief at the time) then that person is a liar. Not misinformed, but a dirty liar who is willfully spewing lies.

Moore cannot debate, he can only preach. He cannot discuss issues civilly or rationally. He dodges direct questions by asking unrelated loaded questions. I can imagine him at a debate with his hands over his ears saying "I'm not listeniiiing, I'm not listeniiiiiing".