Mike Williams practices with USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Aug 5, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

It's not against NCAA rules to practice with a team if your not on the team?

3. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Are our players allowed to workout at pro-training camps during the off season, and then come back and play college ball? If not, then there is a lot more that should be considered, than just whether or not he paid his agent back!!

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I think I am going to puke. The best player!?!

5. YnotUs

YnotUs Founding Member

I think that is good for USC and college football. Mike Williams was operating under the rules at the time, the rules changed.

I'm not interested in us being the best by virtue of others being weakened. I want to play USC this year in Miami and beat them with Williams on the field. I also look forward to watching him play. He is very talented and exciting.

Again, he broke no rules and is seeking reinstatement by the NCAA. I hope they allow him back.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I disagree here. He did not HAVE to take money from an agent, get endorsements, and other related things. It was obvious that him being eligible for the NFL draft was not definite so he could have played it safe by not accepting any monetary benefits or services.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he wouldnt have taken the money if it wasnt made clear by precedent he could be drafted. I think he should be reinstated and he may very well be the best player in college but thats not my reasoning.

he had a raw deal thinking he was done with college. i cant blame the guy for that. of course not making his grades even if he was eligible could come into play.

8. YnotUs

YnotUs Founding Member

Where is the harm here? This will NOT set a precedent. He received NO competitive advantage by taking the money.

By all accounts this is a good guy and keeping him out would only be vindictive. It would not "Send a message to others" as this is a very unique situation.

Let the guy play.

9. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

The 6-foot-5 receiver had spent a month at a pre-draft camp in Georgia, working on his speed and shaving his weight down some 12 pounds to 227

Is this receiving NO COMPETITIVE advantage???

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol how is training an advantage? anyone can train anywhere.