Miles of Haters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 29, 2009.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

A sizeable percentage of the Miles haters are Saban lovers. Easy solution: forget about LSU and start supporting Alabama.

Anybody who thinks we were legitimate contenders for a NC with this year's starters and experience is deluded.

I'm all for legitimate criticism. Miles deserves criticism for the Ol Miss game. But with the "lying" issue happily resolved it is idiotic to suggest he be fired for 30 seconds at Ol Miss. Beyond that, idiotic to suggest a coach with Miles' winning percentage be fired.

Which other LSU coach has done as well in bowl games as Miles??? Not Saban. Miles may not be the control freak Saban is, but I think a positive consequence of that is a more relaxed team that doesnt choke in bowl games. Miles also shows the ability to learn from his mistakes. And he seems to be a good man, loyal. He made key defensive changes this last year, without throwing the previous coaches to the wolves. That type of loyalty means something and pays intangible dividends. I dont think Saban inspires much loyalty amongst his coaching staff.

Next year I think LSU will go as far as their QB can take them. It certainly will not be Miles holding them back or failing to get enough from the talent.

Undeserved b*tching makes LSU fans look petty, disloyal, ungrateful and ignorant. Not exactly the image we want to project is it?

7 people like this.
  2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I agree, and find it curious why there is not much complaining or whining to be found after R-Kansas than there was after Ole Miss, since Miles is "The worst coach in LSU history," "Needs to be tarred and feathered," and Lsu under Miles is "In its darkest Days.":milesmic:

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Right on point.

CLM is 51-14 in his 5 years. That's better than any coach in LSU's history.

Coach is 4-0 in Bowl games, and is unbeaten Out of Conference.

Also, CLM has recruited really well.

Let's face it, it wasn't our time to win it in 2008 or 2009, but the future looks strong.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

It looks very strong, especially when you consider that Florida will lose MANY seniors and the Gumps will lose a few also. I prophesize a :crystal: at the end of next season

5. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Can't see a championship in the near future. And I like Miles, actually.

But you'd be hard pressed to point out major improvements in the LSU team from game 1 to game 12 this year. Especially on the offensive side.

Heck, against Arky they still had all kinds of trouble just getting plays in. In game 12 of the season!

Sorry, folks. But coaching has to be blamed for that.

Also. How many players have actually improved over the past couple years? I can't think of any off hand. Maybe Drake Nevis? But he's not going to be all SEC or anything.

Something is lacking. Actually a few things: a top-notch QB, a dominant D-Line, and a fierce attitude that makes opponents scared.

Not sure Les can get that kind of attitude back in the program. But I'm willing to give him another year to try.

Many fans won't let him off the hook till he beats Florida and Bama again. Me included.

Make or break in 2010, and CLM knows it. :eek:ldskule:

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Agree, good post. CLM beats Saban in all but one category. Saban had two SEC's Championships versus one for CLM. And of course both have one BCS NC apiece.

Saban's overall record was 48 - 16 while posting a 3 - 2 record in bowl games.

On recruiting, I'll wait until the results from this class comes in Feb., but currently I'd give Saban the edge. If CLM keeps this class together and finishes strong it could be a dead heat between the two.

I'm thinking we'll be strong in 2010 & 2011 as well. CLM has had a couple of tough years in '08 & '09, but Saban didn't set the world on fire either in '02 ( 8 - 5) and '04 ( 9 - 3). He was also 8 - 4 in '00, but that was after the last two years of DiNardo so we'll let him slide on that one.

Winning against Ar-Kansas in this last game was crucial! The win puts the team on a completely different plane compared to what a loss would have done. This teams psyche (sp.) could have been blown with another loss added to the Old Piss game. CLM, the staff and the seniors held this team together and had them ready to play for the win on Sat., and came through! It was deja vu all over again with 1:09 left in the game and the Tigers handled it flawlessly for the most part. If they were thinking about the week before, it didn't show. CLM deserves credit for keeping this team together when it would have been so easy to hang it up.:thumb:

If the Tigers can win our bowl game and finish 10 - 3 it will set the foundation for the next couple of years. If we end up against Penn St. in the Capital One I like our chances for a win in that game. I believe it'll happen and the Tigers will be back on top and contending for SEC and BCS NC's. :LSU231:

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It pains me horribly to say this, but....I agree with TC on this.

The style of play on display against Arky may be good enough to beat lower tier SEC teams, but that kind of sloppiness will not be enough to beat elite teams.

I'm hoping a change in OC in the offseason will fix many of these problems, but next year's team needs to overcome a lot of trends that have become habits if they want to compete for a SECCG and a possible NC:

1. Eliminate needless false start/illegal shift/illegal substitution/delay of game penalties. No way we should still be seeing these at the end of the season.
    2. Play sharp, focused football for an ENTIRE game. That means actually making halftime adjustments, and not sleepwalking for a half and more.
    3. Letting teams hang around (2nd half Arky) and no killer instinct. LSU should not be playing down to competition. The team needs a nasty, hungry, aggressive edge, and I'm starting to wonder if Les can instill that in the team.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

But....but....but Saban is God! And if you aren't cheering your heart out for Saban's Bama, well... then you aren't an LSU fan, buster. You know that LSU was nothing before Saban got here... and we will never be anything now that Saban left us!

9. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Excellent post!! There are many like us that have given up on message boards recently because of the incessant b*tching, that is unwarranted. I was as upset as everyone else about the Ole Miss game, but it's over. LSU is now 9-3 and headed to a January 2010 bowl game. Coach Miles is not perfect, no coach is. However, I am very glad we have him as LSU's head coach. He has defeated every coach in the SEC & other big name coaches in Bowl games & out of conference play, where he is undefeated. His accomplishments speak for themselves. I also agree that the people who feel the need to constantly "Thank" Saban, should do it elsewhere.
    LSU!

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Actually, his contract ends after 2011. And yeah, how he does in 2010 and 2011 will determine whether we extend his contract after 2011 or not.