Mistreatment of Auburn fans?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Peach, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Peach

Peach Freshman

I have yet to read any real complaints about treatment of Auburn fans this past weekend. I was on campus the whole day and attended the game, and I didn't see anything other than "Tiger Bait" yelling. Then again, I have never really seen mistreatment in the past. The skimmed the Auburn board (WEN) and only saw complaints about the "classless" (they love that word) T-shirt worn by an LSU fan. The shirt said "Hey, Auburn..." and featured a toddler giving the bird (or something like that). Unfortunately it was picked up by an ESPN camera. The Auburn fans said "shame, shame" on their forum, but I personally thought it was funny. If anything it is ESPN's fault for broadcasting it. Anyway, has anyone else seen or read anything about REAL mistreatment?

2. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

So far, every Auburn person I've talked to that attended the game had nothing bad to say. One person said their 11 year old son had some liquor poured on him up in the stands because he was wearing an Auburn jersey...but the security guys swooped in right away and hauled the guy off. The LSU fans around them apologized for the idiot and said he'd been acting like a butthole to every one around him, including other LSU fans.

That's the worst thing I heard and it was the only negative thing I heard. You can't account for one lone moron. Taking all the accounts together, you'd have to believe he doesn't represent how most LSU fans are.

3. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

The worst I have heard has been from the AU board on theinsiders but it sounded like a lot bitterness to me. However on the same board a lot of AU fans said they had a great time.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

2001 was a fluke situation. Auburn players misbehaved in the game and LSU fans overreacted afterwards, with misplaced retaliation against Auburn fans. It all got blown out of proportion after that, mainly by people who weren't there. Things will settle down to normal now, I hope.

We have to play each other every year, we don't need this crap.

5. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

yeah there is alot of junk on ITAT such as

http://insiders8.ezboard.com/fauburnfrm2.showMessage?topicID=47722.topic

But most of the PPL on AUN have good reports on Fan behavior at the game.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I mentioned over on AUN that I had zero problems (which I never do) - but also that I witnessed zero problems .

with the exception of the game result - I had a blast in BR

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Tigers/Plainsmen?
    WEN/AUN? Which is it?

8. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I agree there. I think some of it, and this goes for every team, is that someone says something and someone takes that, changes it up and says it happened to him...lather, rinse, repeat.

9. chuck

chuck Founding Member

AUNation is the website it which War Eagle nation is the forum. . .

AuNation also includes the media page and headlines . .etc.

10. johnwegl

johnwegl Freshman

I put this on here earlier, but I'll say it again......I'll be the first one to say that I was expecting to hear lot's of trash talk when I got down to LSU...BUT...After we arrived on Campus, Mrs. Jennie, a LSU lady, invited us over to their tail gate. I have never in my life been treated and fed like kings as I was that day. I had a great time. We felt to somewhat even show our thanks, we took her to the student union and bought her a CD and a coffee mug. Everyone was very respectful and nice. I guess, we have to realize that when you 120 thousand people in one spot pulling for their team, you will run into those bad apples here and there. I'm so glad to say, that was not the case. Thank you very much LSU fans. I and my friends had a great time....minus the game...but not even that was going to ruin the trip.