More chemical munitions found in Iraq.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MFn G I M P, Jul 2, 2004.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Where are all the Dems and the so called experts that said Bush lied and

THERE ARE NO WMDS IN IRAQ
    OR
    DO THEY HAVE STML (SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS)

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

this article says they were tipped off that terrorist were trying to buy these in southern Iraq.................

this story is nowhere on CNN or MSNBC........

just a thought

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Polish troops had been searching for munitions as part of their regular mission in south-central Iraq when they were told by an informant in May that terrorists had made a bid to buy the chemical weapons, which date back to Saddam Hussein's war with Iran in the 1980s, Gen. Marek Dukaczewski told reporters in Warsaw.

5. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

Actually, its already been retracted:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...deast_afp/iraq_us_poland_weapons_040702184424

Warheads found in Iraq not chemical weapons, military says

BAGHDAD (AFP) Jul 02, 2004

Multinational forces in Iraq said on Friday that more than a dozen missile warheads said to contain mustard gas or sarin have tested negative for chemical agents.

Washington had announced the find by Polish troops on Thursday, which was later confirmed by Warsaw.

The head of Poland's military intelligence service also said on Friday that "terrorist" groups were seeking to acquire the weapons.

But the 122mm warheads, found in late June, have been found not to contain the deadly chemicals, a statement from multinational forces here said.

"Those 16 rounds were all empty and tested negative for any type of chemicals," it said.

Two other warheads found in mid-June were found to contain an insignificant amount of sarin gas. The armaments were left over from the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s, the statement said.

"Due to the deteriorated state of the rounds and small quantity of remaining agent, these rounds were determined to have limited to no impact if used by insurgents against coalition forces."

Washington justified leading the invasion of Iraq in March 2003 by claiming the country was harbouring weapons of mass destruction. However, none has yet been found.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So what? Washington doesn't need to "justify" going into Iraq and taking Sadaam out of power. Bush was empowered to do what he did and if all you little Gore supporters can't handle that then tough beeniewhips. The only penalty Bush could conceivably suffer is losing the next election. And that, my little liberal friend, is not gonna happen.

7. Macphisto

I didn't write that, the AP writer did.

But I do think Bush does need to justify sending 130,000 Americans to a country that never attacked us. It just helps with legitimacy.

8. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Just like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, eh, buddy?

That logic is crap and everyone knows it.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Justify to whom? The media? You? What the hell do you think this is. Student Government? (Uhhh, I think we should try and get John Mayer for the Prom, dude.)
    I don't know how old you are but there used to be 2 real tall buildings full of innocent people and those buildings were taken down by people who don't like us and 3000 people died. Bush is systematically taking those people out. Justify?! What a load of crap.

10. Macphisto

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. And close to 10,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed, more than three times the casualties of 9/11.

Oh, and Germany declaired war on us (in fact, the US is the only country they did declare war on.