Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Motorcycle Helmets-Cool/Bicycle Helmets-Gay

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Bengal B, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Idk man, take that mask off the top one and its cool but from what I see they both look pretty gay.

I jumped more shit than evil kenevil on my BMX as a kid and I'm not sure if they even made bicycle helmets at that time. I'd have never worn the shit if they did.
    b_leblanc likes this.
  3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc Victory for LSU!

Bicycle helmets....parents being overprotective of their kids. Why not just put them in a fucking bubble? Sometimes less is more.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or get them a motorcycle helmet. I had lots of crashes on my bike when I was a kid but no way I would have worn one of those creepy looking bicycle helmets. Look what happened to Lance Armstrong. He wore one and got cancer of his balls. Coincidence? I think not.
  5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc Victory for LSU!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon

I never wear a helmet while bicycling. Of course, I never wore gloves until I took a spill and lacerated both palms in the fall. I guess I'll have to crack my skull before putting on a helmet. If I never wore one back in the 70's on my sleek Gitanne 10-speed hauling ass on long rides, I damn sure ain't wearing one on my newsboy special poking around the shady neighborhood back streets.
  7. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

I never wore one either; hell, I'm not sure they were even available in the 70s. But one morning I'll never forget, my cousin hit a pothole on his bike while riding to school, fell and hit his head on a parked car. He was DOA at the hospital....13 years old. My son always wore a helmet.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When I was at LSU one day I was walking up that hill on the street that runs between where the McDonald's used to be on E. State St. and Chimes St. I saw a guy come flying down the hill on his 10 speed wearing one of those sissy helmets. He looked like a friend of mine and even though I knew my friend wouldn't be caught dead wearing a bicycle helmet I yelled my friends name. The guy turned around to look at me and had a horrific crash. It turned out to be some guy I didn't even know. He was all scraped up but he hadn't hit his head so the helmet didn't help him.
  9. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Had a similar experience which is why I started wearing a helmet skiing when my kids were old enough to start and set the example. I also wear one on my mountain bike and it has come in handy (I live where there are a lot of rocks). Same company that made my hockey helmet as a kid.

[​IMG]
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon

The really committed '70's riders wore these little padded caps.

[​IMG]