Moving on to the sport we dominate....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by studentsect, Jun 22, 2004.

1. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

I was pretty upset about the baseball game today, but I talked to my friend on the football team tonight and am in a much better mood.

First off, he said Hawkins, Carter, and Doucet are studs in 7 on 7. Doucet is still getting used to being a wide out, and they are all using a basic form of the offense, but these guys are the real deal.

I asked who was going to be the suprise great player, and he said Marcus Randle. He said Randle is getting more consistent and that the recievers are going to be able to catch even his bad throws. Randle is far enough ahead of the red-shirt freshman that there is no question who will be the starter.

There is no team in the country doing more work in the off season. Everyday is a ridiculous amount of running, except for Wednesday, which is Karate day (so we should beat ass if there is a fight on the field).

Here's the thing that made me the most excited:
    Our defense might be the best ever. There are no weak spots. Just about every player at every position is the best LSU player ever at that position. You can't run, and you definitely can't pass on us. We are going to make opposing offenses look stupid.

The season can't come soon enough.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The defense will indeed be awesome. It will win us games in which the offense sputters.

The scary thing is that we finally learned to play Saban type defense. We finally understood his complex array of blitz packages. The scariest thing is we can only improve upon it this season. 7 returning starters. Only 2 positions out of 11 with completely new players with no prior experience at LSU (linebacker and DT).

Damn I don't want to be an opposing QB against LSU this year. Run for the hills I say.

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I know we have a great defense. But I was wondering how the kicking game was coming. DO we have the hang time on our Punts and can we make a field goal.

4. Larry Leach

Larry Leach Freshman

I know that we will have a dominating defense, but I worry about the position that Marquise Hill departed from. Do you guys really believe that position will be as strong?

LL

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I have no concerns what-so-ever for our front 7. I am, however, very concerned with our kicking game. Lets just hope that by the time the season starts we have a better kicking game going than the spring game squad.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Come guys, let's not go way overboard

I was really enjoying your post but this is a little too far IMO. That statement kind of degrades how good the all time greats we've had at LSU over the years IMO. Granted we have a lot of talent but even losing Chad off of last year's team along with Hill kind of flies in the faceof that statement. Granted, Spears just may be the best left end ever if he plays up to his potnetial next year and really dominates. Turner would be one of the best at MLB but we have had several All Americans at that position. No outside linebacker will ever domiante more than Michael Brooks did for a couple of years at LSU, maybe as much, but not more. No safety will ever be better than Tommy Casanova. These 2 Corners have the chance to be the best ever if they play the way they did last season as I really believe they had the best 2 seasons at corner in an LSU uniform. And Kyle Willimas certainly has a ways to go before dislodging Booger at tackle IMO.

Anyway, maybe you were just be facetious in your remarks but I had to call you on that statement.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

can't replace a manchild like Marquise Hill... his body type is not seen very often on the college level...those guys are once in decade. I was happy he finally realized his potential last year. Can someone replace him thats more talented? definitely but that size and his speed is very hard to find.

I would say our corners may be the best ever as a duo and may be as good individually but i'd attribute that to our coaches helping them realize their true potential. we always had athletes yet now we have coaches who get everything out of them.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I fully understand the excitement of the upcoming season, but I have to agree with Cajdav, that is a crazy statement. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: