Muslim Internet Community

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by lsugrad00, May 20, 2004.

1. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

We have alot of heated debates here about the Middle East and Muslims. I don't know a whole lot of Muslims personally so I decided to find a community like this one and see what their views on current events were. I thought some off you might like to check it out also

http://www.mkkp.com/phpBB2/index.php

The Passion of Christ
    65% Don't want to see it
    34% Do (most say they want to because it makes jews look bad???)

Osama Bin Laden
    18% Bad Guy
    45% Good Guy
    36% Are Confused ( I guess they don't understand the question??)

Anyway after lurking here for a couple of days I've decided that these must be the most close minded intolerant group of people on the face of this planet. I mean some of the garbage the spew is horrific. Take a look and make your own decision.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Wow. Who knew the US was the cause of every evil in the world? Idiots

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Q: My parents have arranged my marriage to a woman who looks like the month old dung of a thousand sheep. Would it be proper to have her face covered 24 hours a day?

A: No, my brother. Allah (May he be praised and doused with gasoline in California during the dry season) has decreed that we must face our wives nightly. Do not worry. All of our sisters look like that.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Gas is FAR TOO EXPENSIVE here to douse ANYTHING or ANYBODY with it.

I think I'll have another beer.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I gassed up today for $1.89 for 87 octane. What are you paying in the left coast?

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

On my drive home from Atlanta last week, I paid between $2.10 and $2.04 before reaching Louisiana and getting sub $2 again. Not sure why the fluctuation is so high.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I paid $1.83 for regular a few days ago for my truck. I had been using premium ever since I bought it and I was afraid that it might not run as well on regular but after 4 or 5 tanks of regular I haven't noticed any difference. Maybe I'll see a difference tommorrow when I drive to Grande Isle pulling a pretty heavy load of a 22 foot bay boat.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is a big fluctuation between station to station here in Baton Rouge. Yesterday I say regular gas from $1.84 at Alberson's on Perkins Road to $2.06 at a Shell station near LSU.

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Without trying to sound too snide about it I have driven company cars for 14 years, so I don't pay as much attention to gas prices as I should.
    I just hear everybody else (especially the SUV owners) whining about it.

My wife sez she pays $2.35 per gallon at Chevron for her '74 Super Beetle (she bought it brand new - the second car she's ever owned - her commute is only 2 miles on surface streets)...

10. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Race track on Sherwood was under 1.80 yesterday. I just gassed up there today and they are 1.83.

Speaking of SUV owners. One of the SUV owners in the office where I work was whining about gas prices the other day. I laughed and said you should have thought of that before you bought a car that got 5 miles to the gallon.

I'm far from a SUV hater I just love the irony that they all went and bought cars the size of tanks that they knew got sub 10 mpg. Now they cry when they realize their a slave to the gas prices.

Then again thank God I listened to my finance when I wanted to buy a Grand Cherokee and she insisted that I buy a Chrysler Sebring or I'd be crying with them. :D :D :D :D :D :D