My Favorite LSU Tiger's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Nov 4, 2003.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Just wanted to list a few of my All time Favorites.

I would have to say my alltime favorite LSU player was Tommy Cassanova. I used to play football in my front yard with my brother and we would always pick players to be and i was always Tommy Cassanova.

I loved to watch him play. LSU had a great defense when he was there.

Also Bert Jones. Ol number 7

Dalton hilliard, Charles Alexander, Billy Cannon

The Gray Ghost ( Dennis Quaid) lol

I like Saban alot dont get me wrong but Charley Mac will always be LSU to me. I guess cause he was there coach when i was growing up.

What are your favorite players?

Geaux Tigers :lsug:

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I'll send some of you down memory lane. These are guys I counted on to make a play on Saturday night, listening to John Ferguson and Walter Hill call the games.

White Graves, Gwane Dibetta (sure I mis-spelled it), Remi Prudhomme, George Rice, Brad Davis, Art Cantrelle, Mike Anderson, George Bevan, Bill Thompson (LB), Ronnie Estay, Eddie Ray, Bert Jones, Tommy Hodson, Wendel Davis, Michael Brooks, Tommy Casanova, Tommy "Trigger" Allen, AJ Duhe.

I agree, Charlie Mac was LSU football. His best season of coaching may have been his last at LSU. As I recall, we played 3 teams ranked #1 when we played them, and lost all 3 by a combined score of about 10 points. Maybe Nebraska, Alabama, and USC. The USC game we had won in the 4th qtr., USC had 4th down, threw incomplete pass, but we were called for a facemask, kept the drive going for USC, and the scored and won, a true heartbreaker. I so much wanted to see Charlie and the boys beat a #1 team. I don't think we had the talent overall of those #1 teams that year, but that team had a lot of heart and guts, and they left it all on the field every week for Cholly Mac.

3. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Back in 1999, I can remember tailgating with my parents and talking about our losing season. I made the remark, "The only good player on our team is the punt/kickoff returner". At the time, it was very true. Good old Domanick Davis, otherwise known as "Double D and The Dominator". Carey and Green have some big shoes to fill this year.

As for the player I absolutely hate the most -- that would be Josh "Pick-me-off" Booty. He brought new meaning to "throwing away a winning season".

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

TBTrumpet

are you still in the band??? if so, what section is the band going to be in at Bama

5. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I don't know yet. We'll find out next week. In the past we've been put right behind the goal post nearest the visitor section.

6. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

I could take a week to list all my fav's......

But my all time dump candidate = Abram "alligator arms" Booty

7. My favorite is Rohan- hands-down. Now that was a pass game!

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Although he was slightly before my time, I am partial to David Woodley since we share the same high school alma mater.

9. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

I can't remember anyone being more fun to watch than Josh Reed.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

So many players, so little time / space. I enjoyed watching Rydel Melancon flatten many a QB/RB. Of course Dalton Hillard was a joy to watch as was Charles Alexander. My most recend favorites are the Rohan to Reed connection. I'll never forget the overtime pass against Tenn. in 2001, that was huge. What a pass and catch. I could go on an on .................