My Ranking of the top teams.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 10, 2010.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Sorry Loco .. if it comes down to it .. if LSU beats Bama, but loses to Auburn or AR, and Bama and LSU are two top ranked teams of the 4 ... LSU goes to the SEC CG. Period .. end of story. .. and if they beat S.C., who is pretty much assured the East Title now ... LSU will likely go to the NC.

If LSU wins out .. they might as well just hand LSU the Crystal .... cause ain't none of the other's going to come close to being as tough as the SEC. .. We've seen it 4 years in a row now.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We almost did last night.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Horseshoes anyone?

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well, didn't want to say "should have" in fear of where the neg's might take it.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Ohio State takes themselves out of it with a loss to Wisconsin, and a piss poor OOC schedule (all tOSU fans talk about the win against Miami, whoopdeedoo)

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The Saban loving comments... F.U.C.K. You... just wanted you to see it.

I'm basing what I said off of the current rankings and perception of both teams. Most of the talking heads, to whom the voters listen, have said they will not drop Bama out of the top 5 or 6. Right now they are saying LSU is a pretender. As soon as LSU loses, they will drop into the upper teens with the rest of the less regarded one loss teams. That will be too far to come back from. Bama is still in it. If they win out from here, they will have 1 loss, have beated the team they lost to (most likely), and will still be named Alabama.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Bama, Auburn and Arky are going to be tough, regardless.

LSU's wins over UNC and WVU are meaningless from a "ranked opponent" standpoint. From a "decent OOC opponent" standpoint, they're arguable IMO.

Personally, I don't have LSU in the Top 5 because from a team discipline standpoint they are not playing Top 5 football.

I'd say the Best 5 undefeated teams in the country right now are Ohio State, Nebraska, Oregon, Oklahoma and Auburn. Could maybe argue to put TCU or Boise State above Auburn. But I give them zero credit for their pansy schedules. So I leave them out.

Of those 5, LSU can beat all of them, and would have the tougest time with Auburn and Nebraska IMO.