My recent e-mail to the governor through her website...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Mrs. Blanco,

I can do nothing but laugh at what I'm sure will be a lamentation-filled and quite sad sack sounding "official release" surrounding the departure of Mark Emmert as Chancellor of Louisiana State University.

The man who was singularly responsible for the LSU 20 Year Campus Master Plan (I wonder, do you even know it exists?), and singularly responsible behind the bright vision that had lighten hearts, brightened minds, and revitalized the capital city?

It's Mark Emmert, who breathed new life into the Ole War Skule after years of decay and ignorance by our leadership in Baton Rouge. It's Mark Emmert who molded LSU in its current image, a veritable latter day Phoenix from the ashes of the educational ashbin of a proud history.

Mere weeks after you announce "freezes" which you say "are not cuts" to higher education, which will cripple and stymie all growth from the LSU Law Center, the Agriculture Center, and LSU's main campuses (not forgetting most other 4 year universities in this state) our Chancellor leaves?

Perhaps he was going home...Or perhaps he suddenly channeled Nebechudnezzar and saw the painstakingly clear handwriting on the wall.

From your early campaign proclomations of doing away with the Charity Hospital System, to your latter day campaign lies about Bobby Jindal and the "Republican Truth Squad" mercilessly attacking you from pillar to post, you are a fraud upon this state.

Business taxes and education-their failure to be eradicated and improved upon, respectively, are hallmarks of your lies.

We won't "cut" education, just freeze insurance premiums and other annually increasing expenditures.

We'll "end" business taxes by "phasing" them out...

This state's government is on a veritable heroine that sucks its body dry, and pulls the life force of its inhabitants daily.

With freezing funding to LSU and your "phasers" set to "stun", you talk cold turkey and issue out Methadone at the Legislature.

Baton Rouge's future is tied to LSU. LSU defines many in the state's sense of self. You practice self mutilation daily with that self image...

You lost my vote for your lies about Bobby Jindal and the "Republican Truth Squad" (I wonder, what's more believeable-The Search for Nicole Brown Simpson's Real Killers, or the Truth Squad?)...

You have now, after a slow slide..lost my respect...

I will look forward to casting my lot against you in four years. One can only hope Louisiana's future lasts that long...

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Go get her TE!!!

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

if i emailed the governor i would spell better.

(believable, proclamations, Nebuchadnezzar)

don't get mad, trying to help.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Also the word heroin, as used to reference addiction dosen't have an e at the end.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I really think he meant heroine as in Blanco...

So put away the white-out...

To quote Dark Hornet, just say no to white out.

6. bayareatiger

I "must" admit, I am impressed with "all" of the "quotation marks" in TE's "letter"...

I've got the "total" visual of him with his index "and" middle finger veritably "clawing" the air above him for "emphasis"...

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

he meant heroine like a female hero? sucking the state dry? that would be weird. pretty sure bengal b is right. this is why spelling matters, gotta pay attention in class during your TigerEducation.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

TE is definately not referring to Blanco as a heroine.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i would call you out for misspelling "definitely", but you arent emailing the governor. now i have to go feed my heroine addiction.

10. bayareatiger

SHE thinks that she is a heroine...

I can't be THAT far off on this...

I think it could be seen either way...

We need confirmation from the author as to EXACTLY what he meant..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.