NCAA Baseball Video Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Feb 16, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Vote to show consumer interest! I would love to have a game like this. Playing in the Box and beating up on Tulane would be great!
    Vote Here

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Sorry. I've talked to guys at EA and Sega, they say it has been kicked around, but its not going to happen anytime soon. They don't see that much of a market for it. Baseball games are already slow sellers, so a college one will be even more limited in audience (in their minds anyway). Not worth putting the money into the game if they don't see a payoff.

As much as I want one, I'm not going to hold my breath.

3. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

Thanks DDTigerFan, I just voted

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I realize that Starscream, but if enough people voted it might get them to kick the idea around some more. The more noise we make the closer it could come to becoming a reality. It has to start somewhere.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

It's fine to believe it won't happen. I won't be holding my breath for it either. But you should at least take every avenue possible to show interest in it. In other words, please vote on the page even if you don't believe it will happen. Supporting it can only help the cause.

6. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

they should sell it in a few select markets: Louisiana, Florida, Texas, So. California

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Nice Idea and all, but the problem is you still have to pay for the full development of the game. You have to pay the programmers, the designers, the graphic artists and everyone else associated with the process even if you only have a few markets for the game.

8. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I understand what you guys are saying and agree. Nothing would make me happier than to see EA announce a College Baseball game this May. But I also know that EA has run this poll on their own site (as opposed to this unofficial one) twice in the past, both of which got a majority 'Yes' vote and it didn't sway them to do it.

The best course of action is to write EA and ask. The more email they get, the more likely it will be that they would look into it. That's what helped to save NCAA Football when they were considering scrapping it. There was a deluge of email from fans and they brought it back.