ND or USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfreshman21, Nov 25, 2006.

1. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

now that west virginia lost who do we want to win tonight?

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Usc...and them winning by a few td's would be lovely as well.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

SCENARIO #1: If Notre Dame wins, then we want Florida to lose to Arkansas next week, giving LSU an automatic bid. ***
    SCENARIO #2: If Notre Dame loses and USC wins out, then we want Florida to beat Arkansas to remove Florida from at-berth contention vs LSU.

So, take your pick as to which Florida outcome is more likely.

I pick Arkansas to run roughshod over Florida next week. Therefore, personally I pick Notre Dame to beat USC tonight (I don't trust UCLA to do the job).

*** My concern is a USC loss won't elevate LSU past USC in the BCS standings, especially if its a close game. So the bigger the margin of victory by Notre Dame, the better. We'll actually have to wait for the new BCS bowls on Monday to see if scenario #1 is even viable. If USC is still ahead of LSU, then USC and Florida will need to both lose next week for LSU to get that automatic berth. That's asking for a bit much. So a USC win over UCLA and then we want Florida to win instead. It's crazy still.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Curious as to what your rationale is for picking the Hogs to run roughshod over the Gators next week? I don't see it. The Gators have got a pretty good run D and I think the Gators O will score enough on the Hogs D to win.

5. COTiger

bump for islstl

6. islstl

I put LSU's D ahead of Florida's. Arkansas ran for 330 yards against us.

Florida's offense is lackluster. Arkansas's D will play just well enough to make the stops they need (bend but don't break).

Arkansas is coming off of a loss. You know how that can be. They will be coming out firing next Saturday Night.

7. COTiger

I'm sure the Gators D coaching staff will spend all week watching the Hogs run against us. The fact that they ran for 330 against us doesn't mean they will do it against the Gators. The key to the Gators winning is Leak's play at QB. If he's on, I think the Gators will win easily.

Will be interesting to see what the opening line is. If the Gators don't open as a favorite I'll be shocked.

8. COTiger

I thought about bringing that up in my response to islstl. Physically I'm not sure how much of a beating we put on the Hogs but the emotional beating has got to hurt and will probably carry over to the SECCG.

9. islstl

Yeah those are factors as well.

Arkansas may be beat up physically for all we know.

Florida had a real physical game vs FSU today. FSU still plays real good defense.

Emotionally, that could definitely factor into it. But more times than not, I have seen teams emotionally charged the next week after a loss. I think it bodes horribly for Florida.

We shall see.

10. edyel

edyel edyel

I think the Hogs will beat the snot out of the Gators. There will be no letdown from their loss to LSU,if anything they will be even more jacked up. But,they may want to keep Nutt in a straightjacket in the lockeroom the whole game so he doesn't blow the game at the end. Just my opinion.