New Alex Box Complaints

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mike5705, Mar 8, 2009.

1. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

I was just wondering if anyone who has been to the games has any complaints about the new stadium. Did anything change from the last one in regards to security? Any clue why they didnt bring over the intimidator? Any other complaints?

2. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

guess the new stadium ia perfect......:rolleye33:

3. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Or, you know, people like to sleep on Sunday night in anticipation of working on Monday to earn money to spend on tickets at the New Box.

impatient slacker...

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I haven't been but some complaints have been documented in the paper. One is concessions (too high and low quality but that is every sport from my experience) and the other is the scoreboard can't be seen from the right field bleachers. I think that after the 1st inning the seats in the grandstands ought to be first come first served. It is ridiculous that these seats go empty when these people don't show up for games. My seats for basketball are behind the goal but during the 1st timeout I move to the good seats. LSU has always screwed you on concessions so I don't think that will change. I waited nearly 20 minutes (through two official timeouts) at the last basketball game to get a drink. I'm guessing the wait time at baseball may be the same.

5. Berge

Berge Founding Member

They may have inadvertently solved that problem. They cut the student section down from last year significantly, but any student who doesn't get a seat, get a "Standing Room Only" ticket. So, stand in the grandstand concourse for an inning or two, and find an empty seat. LSU makes more money, and it looks like more season ticket-holders show up.

6. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

a few people told me they were getting patted down coming into the game and security was tighter than it ever was at the old park, anyone else find that to be true? and how is the feel of the new park? is it too nice? did it lose the alex box aura?

7. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

Nah, you can't get into the good seats without a ticket. A marshal stands at the stairways and asks for a ticket to get down. At least through the first 5 innings or so.

8. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

:eek: What?? How can you not see this?

[​IMG]

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

My only complaint is the way we played on Friday and Sunday. Other than that, I'm pretty damn happy about our program, team, coach, and ballpark. :thumb:

Hopefully this past series was just a hiccup and will make the team stronger heading into conference play.

10. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Come see for yourself. Security is tighter but was practically non-existent at the old box. You could still bring coolers into the old box. The lay out and design is wonderful and I'm not sure how anything could be "too nice." There are still bleachers and you are still at a baseball game, not the Metropolitan Opera. The new Alex Box will have it's own unique feel and history but those things take time.