New Perrilloux article on scout

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by philter, Jan 10, 2005.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

Interesting comments from Ryan.

http://texas.scout.com/2/339716.html

2. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Refresh my memory.
    Has there ever been a possible LSU recruit yank everybody's chain like this. I think this guy has a huge ego problem. Granted I still hope he comes to LSU and can live up to all the hype, but he is really milking it and is starting to push it and I'm getting turned off with all his BS. Now he is including South Florida? Come on!!

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

He is going to UT. Book it...
    He is just a kid who has been told by people like Mack Brown and people in Louisiana that he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I wish him success no matter where he goes.

4. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

At the start of the season I would agree with you fellow "TexasTiger". This is because the newness of Vince Young had worn off and his weakness at passing had been exposed.

But now that it is evident that Ryan can legitimately fight for a start against Russell, then I think he has rethought his committment. Ryan would not play next season with Vince as QB.

I don't know why he is complementing the UT offense when they can't throw the ball or at least Vince can't throw the ball. Ryan claiming that the UT offense makes Vince look good is ridiculous because Vince won't be a QB in the NFL unless he gets his throwing fundamentals down and starts passing effecitively. He is no Vick IMO.

If I was Ryan I would look for a program that doesn't place an emphasis and surrounds the fact that he is a running QB but one that focuses on his passing game and uses his mobility in emergencies or occassionally. This is how you make it in the NFL as a QB.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If you think that Ryan is emotionally ready to sit the bench for 2 years at UT, well..........

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I agree. When it comes to nut cuttin time I dont think Perrilloux will be real gung ho about realizing that sitting on the bench for 2 years will be his destiny at Texa$$ when we clearly have a chance for him to be a freshman starter.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

you have to look at the kids options... he can either go to texas and definately start in 1 or 2 years.. or he can go to LSU and maybe never win the starting job...

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Marquise Hill

9. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Thanks Cajdav.
    Hey Loco,
    Why would you think that Ryan wouldn't start at LSU? I think he could realistically fight Russell for the job or maybe have another dual QB sitaution.

The only way he wouldn't start at LSU would be if Russell really lit it up in practice and lit it up during the season. If Ryan comes in and learns the system quickly and looks good I think he will play.

Yes it is possible that Ryan may sit until Russell graduates. If Russell starts in 2005, redshirt Ryan and then he will play for 2 years after Russell graduates. He would be doing the same at UT. The difference is that he has no shot at taking the starting spot from Vince Young but he does have a chance at taking it from Russell.

Also, both QB's will be learning new systems and new plays from a career offensive coordinator in Miles. Therefore Russell doesn't have much of an advantage in already knowing a system. The only advantage Russell has is that he played half the time during the season. I think Russell suffers in his decision making and making those decisions fast.

I think if Ryan comes to LSU he will get just as much playing time as he would at UT, that is of course someone better comes in behind him.

10. ScoobaTiger

ScoobaTiger Founding Member

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=20941&highlight=ryan+perrilloux

JP, check out this thread on RP. I have said all along that this HS kid goes way to far with his mouth. He doesn't even respect his future teamates.

:helmet: