Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

New Series on HBO (Game of Thrones Thread)

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 27, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm getting the books mixed now, no sand snakes until AFFC
  2. LaSalleAve

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Can't wait.
  4. LaSalleAve

Man, HBOGO sucks beaver balls. True Detective Finale their system crashes, GOT premiere system crashes.
  5. LaSalleAve

As if GRRM hasn't pissed on the Starks enough the opening scene is season 4 is the destruction of Ice and reforging of the Valaryian steel into Oathbreaker and Widow's Wail.

But the Red Viper part was awesome.
  6. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Freshman

I thought it was a decent enough intro into this season and gave a few set-up type leads as to what may be to come....or with this series what may not might be more appropriate since every time you think you know something about someone.....they get their get throat cut or head chopped off. This has me in a very weird place.....I have never looked forward to a show before.....people say all the time they cant wait for this show or that show but I have never had that much interest in anything on TV other than football and maybe a couple of mini-series(lonesome dove etc)....but I find myself looking forward to the next one of these. I guess to me that means this is best show IMO that I have ever seen. I am looking forward to true detective as well but am waiting for it on netflix as I didnt have HBO when it was running....we turn it on for GOT and Trueblood......i like trueblood but mainly thats for the wife and friends who come over for it every sunday night.....but its just ok to me.....oddly though none of them care for GOT that much so its much less of an event at my house than TB even though I prefer GOT 50 to 1.
  7. LaSalleAve

Are you into this series blind? Have you read the books. I think I'd like the series a lot more had I not read the books. But the books are awesome as is the show. Peter Dinklage is as good an actor as there is out there today, as is the little one that plays Arya Stark.
  8. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Freshman

I started the series blind back when the first season premiered....then started with the books briefly but between no time to read them.....2 pre-school age kids starting out with a few sports, job, the usual family stuff and me spending pretty much every minute I have outside of those things hunting, fishing and floundering.....and deciding that I wanted to just watch the show and be surprised by it there rather first rather than know most of what was coming and then nitpicking what was different in the books vs the show like I know I would do I stopped with the book quickly. Gonna let the show play on out with whatever its gonna do and then might go back and read the books once its all over with. But i doubt that either.
  9. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Freshman

and yea the girl playing Arya is a dern good actor. Its hard to believe someone that young can be that good. The little subtle things she does with her facial expressions and things like that are bound to be pretty advanced in the acting world.....of course this is coming from an ol backwoods swamp and island rat that knows less than nothing about such things.
  10. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I just had to pass this along.

Most of you know that I do a fair amount of criminal defense work. I was at a local jail today to visit with a client and was hanging around the booking area waiting for my client to come on up. All of a sudden, a dwar . . . uh, midg . . . uh, little person walked by in an orange jumpsuit. At first I could only see the back of his head but when he turned around he looked JUST LIKE TYRION LANNISTER. (The book version more than the show version.) Beard, messy long-ish hair and all. I so wanted to take picture of him but I'm not supposed to have a phone on me so I didn't.

Considering what many book readers anticipate will happen during this season, it was a wonderfully ironic sight.