Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

New Series on HBO (Game of Thrones Thread)

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 27, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Keeps getting better and better. Best show on the tube right now.
  2. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

I read a review of this series... called it "Lord of the Rings meets The Sopranos." I found this to be an accurate description.

As far as the incest goes, if you read some of the background information you learn that it is a family tradition for the Lannister family.

My favorite character thus far is Tyrion Lannister, also known as "The Imp".
  3. LSU_Sooner

LSU_Sooner Jimmy Crack Corn

Is this the 1st season? I can always pick it up on Demand. Right now I am watching Tremme. I like a lot of HBO I loved Boardwalk Empire, and Big love
  4. locoguano

Its the 1st season. They are 8 episodes in. From what I read, this series is almost as expensive as Rome (which was discontinued because of the cost).
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If you have HBO, you can sign up for HBO go and watch all the episodes on your computer, ipad, iphone, etc for free.
  6. LSU_Sooner

LSU_Sooner Jimmy Crack Corn

I have Cable, they let you watch HBO on Demand for free...at least I get it for free, could be b/c I work for them lol
  7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Yea you can catch it there. But you can also sign up for HBOgo which is awesome. Has much more than OnDemand like entire seasons of almost every series. You can go watch all 5 seasons of the Wire which you should. Same creator of Treme but better.

Can also catch a ton of movies,etc...

Another cool feature is watching with commentary. Pops up maps, history, etc... while the movie is playing relevant to the discussion.

Basically you just have to sign in to your cable provider website. They link you to your provider so not hard at all.
  8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Wow, amazing episode last night and already nominated for an emmy.

Since, I didn't read the book I am shocked but not freaking out like many others who didn't read it.

I can't say anymore, don't want to ruin it but for those that did watch last night go read this.

SPOILER ALERT

HBO defends Game of Thrones | Inside TV | EW.com
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I dvr'd but I know what you are talking about, definitely the worst part about the first book, but all the same it had to happen because it happened in the book.
  10. locoguano

Waste of an actor.. too bad he wasn't in a more "permanent" role.