Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

New Series on HBO (Game of Thrones Thread)

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

How many of the books did Season 1 cover?
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Season 1 covered book 1 which was A Game of Thrones
    Book 2 A Clash of Kings
    Book 3 A Storm of Swords
    Book 4 A Feast for Crows
    Book 5 A Dance with Dragons
    Book 6 The Winds of Winter
    Book 7 A Dream of Spring

They did a fantastic job of covering most of what was in the first book, I haven't been able to find much other than a few back stories here and there, that were omitted. I assume they are just going to a book a season.
  4. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Got to admit, I only started watching GoT because of the comments on this board.

I was blown away.

I can't decide if I want to start reading the books or just hang on and watch the series unfold. I love the fact that no character is safe, Ned Stark's beheading proved that.
  5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I am resisting the books because I know once I start, I won't be able to stop. Then I'll know what's coming in the series, which will ruin it for me.
  6. LaSalleAve

Yeah, GRRM proved that he isn't scared to kill off main characters. My only fear is that by the time it's all done Jaime Lannister is going to be one of my favorite characters.

Another thing I like about this series is that if you put all of the magical stuff aside, the dragons and hoodoo, the plot lines, treachery, backstabbing, good people getting killed, bad people succeeding, it's very realistic considering.
    VampMuse likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

Season 2 started 2 weeks ago. Mellisandre is hot. Who's watching?
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm watching. Watched the entire first season a couple of months ago. It's a great show although my wife strongly disagrees.
  9. LaSalleAve

My wife doesn't like it either, but she would rather watch Real Housewives of Orange County, or something retarded like that. Which by the way, none of those bitches are married, so how can they be housewives? At least not the ones in OC. I told her the other night that until she starts watching quality programming her opinion on television is worthless. I haven't gotten laid since. I think I need to reevaluate my position.
  10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

My wife discovered the 1st season (On Demand) a few months ago when I left town for the weekend with the kids. She recommended that I watch the 1st epidsode (of season one) and I liked it enough to watch the rest of the season. Now we look forward to watching the new episodes together each Sunday night. She's also reading the books now and is a little ahead of the HBO series so hopefully I don't hear too many spoilers.