Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

New Series on HBO (Game of Thrones Thread)

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 27, 2011.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Ok so here is my prediction (based only on what I have seen in the HBO series) about how the Song of Ice and Fire will end...

Jon Snow (ice) and Daenarys (fire) get together.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

alot of people seem to think that Jon Snow and Daenarys are kin. That Lyanna Stark was raped by Rhaegar Targaryan, and Jon Snow was the outcome. And Eddard's promise to Lyanna on her deathbed was to keep that secret. Just a theory floating around.
  3. LaSalleAve

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

My wife loves this show and usually has it cued up to watch when I get home from work on Monday evening. Perhaps some of you just need to find better wives?
  5. LaSalleAve

Is it bad that I'm glad my wife doesn't watch this show? This is like my time to myself. It does kind of suck that I have no one to discuss the series with, but I do like the time to myself.
  6. LSUsupaFan

So LaSalle, will Syrio Forel ever show up again? I didn't see his body, so I refuse to believe he is dead.
  7. LaSalleAve

With George RR Martin you never know. There are lots of people who still think Ned Stark will reappear in one of the last books. I think since Syrio wasn't a POV character in the book that he is in fact dead, but again, all Arya sees when she leaves is the wooden practice sword smashed. But George RR Martin actually directed "the pointy end" episode, and this has been a controversy in the books for quite some time and he has known about the controversy, and still chose to leave that as kind of a cliffhanger, so you may be right, it wouldn't shock me if you were.
  8. LSUsupaFan

That dude was way to awesome to get killed off. He had a wooden toy and he owned the Lannister guards in seconds. And Ser Trant is kind of a pussy from what I gather. I don't see him landing a death blow on someone as obviously skilled as Syrio.

If it had been Jaime or Baristan, I'd go ahead and say Syrio was dead. Trant doesn't strike me as all that awesome.
  9. LaSalleAve

Very possible, especially considering that Jaime Lannister and Sandor Clegane are really the only members of the Lannister crew that seem to have any skill. It almost seems like Martin goes out of his way to show how inept the Lannisters are with the exception of those 2 and Tywin.
  10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Wait is almost over. Supposed to be The Season of the series.