New Spring Game Attendance Champ

Discussion in 'College Recruiting' started by Deceks7, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

And they paid to get in, unlike other places.....

Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State Buckeyes spring game draw 95,722 fans - ESPN

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A national spring game record crowd of 95,722 came out to enjoy the high temperatures and watch Terrelle Pryor throw two long touchdown passes in 30 seconds, leading the Gray over the Scarlet 23-3 on Saturday at sun-drenched Ohio Stadium.
    The 80-degree weather played a big role in the attendance, which topped the 92,138 Alabama drew for Nick Saban's coaching debut in 2007.
    Ohio fans paid $5 per ticket, with the bulk of the money going to local charities. Many showed up in tank tops and shorts to soak up the sun on the warmest day of the year while watching Pryor strut his stuff.
    Pryor broke open a close scrimmage with touchdown passes of 44 yards to Taurian Washington and 42 yards to Ray Small late in the second half. Pryor started as a freshman for last year's 10-3 Buckeyes team.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

[​IMG]

almost as cool as:
    [​IMG]

ooo, get you some tiga prowlers.

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I was certainly not the target audience, but those who were seemed impressed. At the end of the day, cheesy, but seemingly effective.

Auburn making Mobile a priority for recruiting - al.com

At Blount, junior Jarrick Williams — an elite safety and one of the state's top prospects in the Class of 2010 — saw the limo as it sat in front of the high school Monday morning.
    "Everybody was like, 'Who is that?'" Williams said. "Everybody thinks it's pretty awesome."

"I think it makes a statement that they want to come back and heavily recruit Mobile," Williamson coach Bobby Parish said. "Oh man, I think it was great. Usually only one coach comes, but the offensive coordinator and the defensive coordinator came. I think it was great for them to come by."

"I think it was great that they all came together," said Sigler, a former University of Alabama player. "It showed that they are real interested in recruiting Mobile."

Davidson coach Fred Riley said the Auburn coaches arrived at his school during one of its lunch periods and then stuck around through part of the Warriors' varsity athletics period, when football players meet with coaches in the fieldhouse.

"(The players) were a little more attentive," Riley said. "There was certainly a little more energy with those guys standing there."

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Those northerners are like turtles; A little bit of warmth and they're all on the log.

5. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Not what you hear locally on the talk show....I expect nicky to out do them and break out the bat mobile :lol:. Most people hear in mobile are laughing their Asses off:rofl:

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Probably.

Looks like an upgrade for today.

[​IMG]