new tulane rumor

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ledfoot, Oct 30, 2005.

1. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

I've been hearing rumors that Tulane may fold their football program. With the dome out of service untill next fall at best they're losing millions with no home field. As much as I hate tulane I don't want them to fold the football program. LSU will have to replace them which shouldn't be a problem. I'm hearing this from someone who deals with their medical school. They actually thought about this a few years ago but now they need to think about survival of the school.

2. I've heard that too, I wonder if they can get any federal or Conference USA assistance. I heard if they do fold it might only be for a few years or so. They have fallen pretty far since leaving the SEC.

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

put those green wieners out their misery once and for all......

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i think in the overall scheme of things it would be good for them and if they do come back in a couple years and be a D-3 program with no schollies or atleast drop to 1aa.

5. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

My guess......They'll play rent-free in Tad Gormley next year.
    Most of their fans loved the games they have already played there.

I would be dissapointed if they gave up D-1 Football.

6. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

Yeah I hate tulane, but at the same time, it's a great school that has helped friends of mine from slidell by giving them scholarships. you dont want to see any school lose an athletic program, at VERY least, that's less options for graduating HS seniors.

7. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

If they decide to play permanatly at the Tad, what will that do to the home and home we have with them? I really can't see the Tigers ever playing at Gormley. Hopefully they'll just make all the games in Tiger Stadium.