Newest ESPN Article

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Feb 22, 2006.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Everyone talks about how Miles has difficulty talking to the media, but at least he is always positive. He never talks about a chance of defeat or not being in position to win it all. Brady, on the other hand, is negative a lot. I don't like the last part of the above statement, "win some games". He is all but saying that they won't win it all, but he is ok with winning "some" games.

On his radio show a couple of weeks ago, he was talking about stealing some road wins, and that taking 1 or 2 would put them in good position. He said this with 3 road games left. That's all well and good, and he's right, but it just sounds like he is accepting before hand that he'll lose one or more. Example: Florida. I kinda felt like, going into that game, he had already come to grips with the fact that we were going to lose. And even worse than that, he was ok with it.

I don't want to take away from the win tonight, but from time to time, I just don't understand his leadership style. He's not a positive person. Sometimes, he can be down right negative. Just an observation.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

i dont think its him being negative....i mean its hard to win games in this league and I think he is trying to be hunble i mean if i am a opposing coach and i heard a coach say oh yeah we're gonna win every road game this year i use that as bulletin board material.....

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

There are ways to do it and still remain humble. Coach Miles doesn't put any bulletin board material out there, and at the same time, he doesn't give the impression that we can't win them all. It's not easy to go undefeated in the SEC west in football either, but we've done it twice in three years. It's all relative. For some reason, it just seems like Brady doesn't want to get everyone's hopes up.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Who are you to determine what he means by "some". Some could mean six games ya know. :thumb:

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Why not just say 'do well' or 'be successful'? The word some does not mean all. You guys know that I don't make a habit of questioning the coaches. Brady's choice of words just leaves me scratching my head sometimes. Maybe I should email him and offer my services as a PR person.

7. LSUGradin99

You're just being overly critical. Look at some of his other comments in the same quote:

Does not seem like a coach that is settling for simply doing well. He's not satisfied with best in the west, he wants to win the entire conference.

What do you want him to say concerning the ncaa tourney? "By winning the SEC, we can get a really high seed in the NCAA tourney. That would put us in the best position to win the NCAA championship."

I would bet that you and many others would be laughing at him if he said that.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Stop being argumentative grad. You know what I'm trying to say and I'm not the only one that notices it. Of course your version would be taking it too far, but saying something close to that wouldn't hurt.

9. LSUGradin99

Ok smarty, what would you have him say?

Also, comparing him to Miles is not really a good comparison. A football coach does not have a post-season playoffs to speak of. Still though, you won't ever hear Miles talking about anything but the next game.

At this point, Brady still has to do just that as well. Keep the team focused on now, not march madness.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think I prefer Brady's media presence to Miles'; when Brady speaks you get the feeling he knows what he's talking about and is not just feeding you a line. I think in his profession it is more necessary to have communication skills because of the more personal contact he has with fewer players.