Next year's Schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tboy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

The SEC schedule is tougher on two counts. We play Georgia instead of Kentucky. I know we loss to Kentucky, but who can argue that Georgia is consistently a tougher team and will be ranked high next year. We also play Auburn and Florida away instead of at home.

The schedule I found did not have a set opponent for our third game of the year, a non-conference game. I don't know if anyone knows who we will play in that game yet. There were no top flight non-conference opponents, such as VT scheduled.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Toughest games in order:

1) Florida on the road
    2) Georgia at home
    3) Auburn on the road
    4) Alabama at home
    5) South Carolina on the road

I predicted our 2 losses would be to Florida and Auburn. I take back the Auburn loss, the lack of a QB and a consistent offense will do them in next year. LSU goes 11-1 and a rematch against Florida to see who plays for the national championship. It's payback time for the Tigers.

Edit: adjusted it, forgot Bama is at home

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

We play Bama at home.

4. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

You can't be serious.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think we beat Florida, Georgia, and Auburn, if we do lose it will be a game that we didnt expect to lose. Like Ole Miss or Arkansas

6. islstl

I corrected it.

7. islstl

That's just cooky talk.

But then again, look at this season.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Exactly, what use to be reason, isnt reason anymore, if you take this season into account.

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Everyone is sky high after this season, but realistically we will probably be underdogs against a Florida team that has almost everyone returning. Georgia may also be favored, unless our home field advantage negates their perceived advantage. They have their QB, Stafford, returning and were really clicking by the end of the season. We better get some speedy defensive players to shut down the spread and wildcat type formations or we could get upset by Ole Piss and that 2nd string QB. Wouldn't you think that Nutt will try to use it against us by featuring that QB.

The big thing is Perriloux. Teams with good returning QBs usually do well. Perrilloux is still untested even though we won the SEC championship game with him. Our defense with 2 late interceptions, one for a TD, had a huge part in that win. He has great talent, but the intangibles which Flynn demonstrated in the clutch are just as important. Flynn studied defenses for 5 years, but Perriloux hasn't had as much time to learn. I predict 2 regular season losses again with our damn strong football team.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Now, that Muschamp is gone, is the AU game gonna be easier, or is the fact that we are also starting over in DC department create a net sum zero :huh: