NFL Draft Selections

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Apr 21, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Looks like Miami has almost finished a deal with Jake Long according to the heads.

1. MIA - J. Long
    2. STL - C. Long?
    3. ATL - Dorsey?
    4. OAK - McFadden
    5. KC - Some OL
    6. NYJ - Gholston
    7. NE - Some CB?
    8. BAL - Matt Ryan
    9. CIN - USC guy
    10. NO - Other USC guy?

- Some of the analysts are picking Ellis to go to Cincy. If he does not will the Saints take Ellis or will they take Rivers? Or a different route maybe?

- Those picks are what many think but one change at the top could obviously change it all.

- I am really hoping Dorsey doesn't go to Atlanta. Any chance he goes to St. Louis?

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

What are the Saints most eminent needs? I read something today about USC's Fred Davis possibly ending up with the Saints.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Teams 1-4 are all looking to take Dorsey but you can scratch Miami. If ATL passes on him OAK will take him. STL is a definte possibility.

Rememeber the Saints are also looking to move up as well so the order might be different. Also heard from a Philly friend that the Saints might trade down with Philly for their 1st Rd pick + Lito Sheppard.

4. bhelmLSU

If the Shockey deal goes through we will not take Davis in the 2nd round and we will not even have a 2nd round pick to get him if we wanted.

CB, LB, DT, OL and maybe a RB with Deuce problems later in the draft.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

CB, DL, TE, LB...and then probably on OL mixed in there.

Fred Davis has a good chance to go to the Saints in the 2nd round if they do not get Shockey via trade before that.

That is what I was wondering. If x doesn't take him will for example the Raiders take him and not McFadden. Thanks.
    The Saints arent smart enough to get that done and Philly isnt that dumb. ;) That would be an incredible steal.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes and yes.

i guess that long realizes he's not getting jamarcus money?

every position is almost an imminent need.

7. bhelmLSU

Lito is getting old and they are in desoerate need on Dline help and the 10 spot could help them but who knows when it comes to draft day trades.

OAK if they are smart which they usually aren't should take Dorsey over McF because they have a nice stable of RBs and they need to stop the run themselves. But to answer your question from before the Raiders are high on Dorsey and most probably take him if he falls that far.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'd love for either Ellis or Rivers to end up in NOLA. Ellis because Ed O was the one who recruited him to USC and Rivers because I think he'd be well utilized. Here's a video of Keith and Thomas Williams talking about pro day, training, etc. BTW, Thomas Williams will likely be a 4th round guy but he'll be an asset wherever he ends up AND he was voted by the USC players to win the "pretty boy" award 4 years in a row. :lol:

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/Pro_Day_Success/229704