Nick Saban to the Saints?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LOTTERY, Dec 6, 2004.

1. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Saban would probably want more control than Benson would give him and like this wouldn't give the people of Louisiana more reason to hate the Saints?!? Will never happen.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

saban is entirely too intelligent to associate with that god-forsaken franchise

no NFL team can offer him the player control that he has at the college level. he shapes young men into his prototypes, both on the field and off. try to do that in the NFL and just see how well it works out.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yeh that will happen. That is very laughable.

Saban if he ever chose to go to the NFL would have his pick of franchises looking for a coach.
    Storied Bears, you name it.
    But lets consider it even though its the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Saban to the Saints.
    Yes he is going to leave LSU for an NFL job (Not entirely laughable althouhg he has turned down every one yet)
    However he goes down the road and stays in South Louisiana so he can see bitter LSU fans every day of the year and coach the saints

5. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

you guys are responding with your hearts not your heads

- whatever team saban coached in nfl would be a loser
    - many coaches don't like moving and Saban wouldn't have to
    - a lot bigger paycheck
    - a big challenge; i think Saban would enjoy the challenge
    - LSU fan base would support him at the Saints, big plus for organization

Saban coming down here would big huge and everyone is hoping for it. I like Haslett but he's not getting it done. Time for someone new.

6. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I would not be bitter if this happened. If anything it would rekindle my once passionate enthusiasm for the Saints. I am not hoping this happens nor do I expect it to, but I would not hate the Saints for doing it.
    I think it would be the best move Benson could ever make, and like lottey said bring in some long lost or new fans to the Saints. Their talent is not a question and many thought they had the talent this year to win.

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I wouldnt support the Saints at all for stealing our coach....I know its part of the business but there are plenty of other coaches out there. I would never watch another Saints game, not buy one single piece of Saints merchandise.

8. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

But the question is do you now buy any Saints gear? I think Saints merchandise and respect would dramatically increase. But it is really all just speculation anyway.

9. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

I couldnt have worded it better myself :thumb: :lsug: !

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"LSU fan base would support him at the Saints, big plus for organization"

No chance... LSU fans would be very bitter at the Saints for taking the LSU coach, tack on the fact we are a very overreactive bunch to begin with. Saban may leave us one day, but it wont be for the Saints. Why would he turn down the Bears, NY, Atl, Tampa Bay, etc etc and take the Saints ????

Not because the saints are losers, because Saban realizes there are many many many many more LSU fans in Louisiana then Saints fans, and believe if the Saints and LSU played on the same day at the same time, take a poll of what people are watching trust me aside from the immediate N.O. Area. It would be 90-10 easily...