No.1 Illini looks like they are no more...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Mar 26, 2005.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

every coach always has some explanation, huh

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I can forgive Lute Olsen...See, he's WON national championships, instead of just talking about them here in the preseason...

3. TigerEducated

Actually, in the post game I saw on the midnight SportsCenter, they ran a 1-4 set where he came to get the ball, and then had two options...

The first of which being to look down low for Channing Frye for an inside chance...

The second being a dribble handoff from a peel off the back by Stoudemire...

Frye was being "gloved" so, the option was to have gone to Stoudemire, but as its plainly obvious, Stoudemire lolly-gagged his way through the peel, and his man easily stayed with him, and the Zona player who had the ball inbounded to him was forced from the combination of Frye's defender and Stoudemire's laziness to loft a shot up himself...

I'm sure that Olsen will bury that play deep in the memory banks, and remember it warmly...Perhaps he'll call it, "Tack 1 on 4, LSU"...

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yup... once the ball was inbounded, none of the Arizona players really moved at all. They all stood and watched until it was forced up for the final shot. Stoudemire looked so tired at the end of regulation. The extra 5 minutes only made this more obvious.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I still maintain that there was no way that Laettner could take that pass, dribble once, spin around, and get that 20-footer off in 2.1 seconds. Kentucky
    got jobbed by the officials on that one.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Well DUH!

I am horrible at seeing jokes and such online. Doh!

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

doesnt matter. still lute's fault. he's responsible for the types of players he recruits. he should know what they are like.

if he had more of a bench, stoudamire wouldnt have been so tired at the end. what a stupid horrible coach.

8. TigerEducated

See, that'd be funny, but Olsen's won National Championships...

The difference between he and Brady? Well, he'll probably go into the Basketball Hall of Fame someday, and Brady's got a half@ss decent shot at getting into the Mississippi or Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame's...One or the other...

At Zona, they talk about National Championships in the preseason.
    At LSU, they talk about National Championships in the preseason.

At Zona, they compete for them in the NCAA Tournament.
    At LSU, they don't.

At Zona, it's NCAA or bust EVERY year.
    At LSU, it's not.

At Zona, 1st round losses are ridiculous.
    At LSU, they're moral victories!

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

i still don't know how it is lute's fault. he called up a play that had been open all day, especially since augustine fouled out. since illinois played it correctly, hassan adams was the next best option in that situation. salim had an off game and would normally have the game in his hands (much like he did against ucla, asu, and okla st) but williams was playing an incredible game defensivly and shut down salim. no one could stop hassan in the second half, especially since head had the hamstring injury. olsen called a good play for the situation but just because mustafa wasn't able to find the right person you can't blame olsen for the execution of the players. the game shouldn't have gotten to this point to begin with. zona would just come down and just hold the ball for 30 seconds and try to drive and take a horrible shot. if they play the same way the were for the first 15 minutes they win by 20. the same type of thing happend in the msu game, they tried to run to much clock and they didn't even have the big of a lead, they tried it when they were up by only 3.

10. TigerEducated

They're being sarcastic and taking shots at Brady bashers...