No Respect from Vols....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTIGER82, Sep 27, 2005.

1. LSUTIGER82

LSUTIGER82 Freshman

I don't know who else was at the game, but did anyone else see the vol player who grabbed the big tenn. flag from one of the male cheerleaders and stake it in the middle of the tiger eye on the field? My dad watch the game at home and said he did not see it. Pretty disrespectful if you ask me.:po:

:laflagwav :helmet: :geauxtige :helmet: :laflagwav

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

BS

He ran from the north endzone with it, to about the thirty yard line on the south end, where he handed it off to a male volunqueer chearleader.

It was never staked and planted at midfield. I was paying close attention to the flag/guy the whole time because it immediately reminded me of the Michigan State / Notre Dame flag incident.

3. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

I saw that. They definately lived up to the UThug moniker in the post game celebrations. Throwing the ball at the student section and planting the flag at the eye. Don't these guys have any originality? The only reason they even thought of that was because they saw Mich. St. do it the week before. Planting the flag has become the new stomping of the teams midfield logo.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

How about Clausen throwing the ball into the student section and then taunting us? He should have some discipline taken out on him. If I throw something onto the field I am AT LEAST being thrown out of the stadium and possibly fined.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I did't see him run to the "eye"....but even if he had, as long as they didn't plant it on the eye, I could care less that they ran their flag all across the field. They won. They deserved it.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

He didn't stake the flag in the ground, he just ran to mid field waving it. It doesn't bother me, this is college football and that's how rivalries are fueled. IMO some of you are being a little too sensitive.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'd say some are being overly sensitive....

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Yeah, he just waved it around. That didn't piss me off ass much as Clausen did.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Yes we are being way too sensitive, this is nuts, so why didn't some body in the stands pick him off with a 30.06? it woulda been justified. :grin:

10. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

He pretended to plant it on the eye, and then waved it around while standing on the eye. The cheerleader then ran to get it from him.