Not Only do we have a New QB BUT???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 20, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Wow, Marcus Randall rolled but not only did he play very well looks like we might need to make room in the backfield for Shyrone Carey. Shyrone looked great 6 rushes for 68 yards and 1 TD. I just do not see how Fisher keeps this guy out of the lineup. How do ya'll feel about Shyrone getting more touches then Addia.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I don't know how I feel, they are both good RBs (with tons of future promise). You can never have enough strong RBs. My only concern with the Tigers, will be keeping players for 4 years. I don't want any Dinardo situations with players leaving too early. We had a few go last year, but those were realy special cases. I want these productive Tigers here for a while.

Carey played well last night, I hope he can keep it up.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

We've got a strong stable of backs, and we use whichever one works best. Last night, South Carolina bottled up Joe Addai, and things were tough at times for Domanick Davis, so Coach Fisher gave them Shyrone Carey and they just couldn't handle him. I was certainly glad of it for Carey, this was his first chance to really shine this year. He can be great if he gets into the lineup more consistently. He'll have to play in the backfield, he's too short to be a wide receiver (only 5'8").

GEAUX TIGERS!!

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Addai

Addai was injured in the Florida game and did not have his normal quickness, speed and power. Carey looked great but I was concerned about him taking himself out of the game after his long run. I thought he was hurt but somone on another board said he was out of shape. If conditioning is a problem with him he wil have to dedicate himself to the game. Comparing him to Davis, there is no way he will be able to be kick returner, next year, and then play tailback if one run sends him to the bench.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Hopefully that wont be a concern because Toefield will be back...hopefully.

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Carey is a measly 5'6"

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Carey has warp speed off the ball...

but he kind of gave out on the long run and got caught from behind. This guy is a RB for sure, not a WR.

8. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I think that Carey was hurt on the series before that long run. He came back in the next series to make the long run and after that he could not go back in. I need to go back to the tape to make sure... Been wanting to watch it again but I have not had the time.