Obama uses gun control front group in scheme to fool Americans about his stance on...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Obama uses gun control front group in scheme to fool Americans about his stance on gun ownership.

One need not dig deep to discover that this group is nothing more than a fraud in attempt to mislead Americans into believing that Obama is a supporter of the Second Amendment when in fact is one of it's greatest enemy's. It's leadership and membership is a "who's who" of radical, left wing, anti-gun and anti-self defense bank rollers.

From Wiki
    Here's a blog with many links concerning the backgrounds and exploits of the backers of this shill group.

Here is the text from an NRA mailer.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Re: Obama uses gun control front group in scheme to fool Americans about his stance o

The NRA has issues with any competing hunter groups, obviously. The NRA has not yet endorsed a presidential candidate, yet, either.

But Obama's actual policy on Hunting and Gun Control is on the record. LINK In it you will find this on Gun Rights:

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Re: Obama uses gun control front group in scheme to fool Americans about his stance o

From what I read, the NRA endorsed McCain yesterday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/ap_on_el_pr/nra_mccain

Red, Im surprised you even commented on this thread, it was pointless to begin with. If people are afraid of Obama taking guns out of there hands, when there are far more pressing issues, then its really pointless. He cant repeal the second amendment and he has said hes not against it.

4. red55

I can't let people get away with taking some third party's notion of what a candidate thinks, if he is already on the record about it.

I'm a multiple gun owner, a carry permit owner, and a supporter of 2nd Amendment gun rights, but the NRA is way out in left field on some issues. The NRA's anti-government rhetoric prompted former U.S. President George H. W. Bush to resign his life-long membership after they published an advertisement calling federal agents "jack-booted government thugs" out to take away individual gun rights. They support the right for individuals to own machine guns, they objected to the bill to require new handguns to be sold with trigger locks, they oppose background checks to buy firearms, and they have too many lobbyists influencing our elected representatives in Washington.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

in light of the current economy, the gun control issue will have ZERO impact on the election. Sorry Republicans (should there be a comma in this sentence, or not?).

6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

That would be right field, Sir.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

Im a gun owner myself and licensed to carry a conciled weapon, I dont want anyone taking that right away from me. But there has to be some oversight, when 17 year olds can get their hands on a AK-47s.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Are those 17-year-olds buying them legally, though? That's always going to be the problem (and I'm all for background checks and waiting periods, by the way.) I just don't see that the legality surrounding firearms is going to have any impact on criminals.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

The legality of how the get them is an issue, however its how they get into the country and on the streets is a bigger problem

10. red55

Got to start somewhere. At least make it difficult or impossible for a criminal, a nut job, or a kid to just go to Wal-Mart and buy a pistol. There will be a black market, but the prices will be higher and the penalties stiff if they get caught.