Odell Beckham Jr.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PGTiger, Aug 2, 2011.

1. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFX0iezQweI]‪Odell Beckham Jr. Highlights‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

At 5'11, 175, he reminds me a lot of Josh Reed. Rumors are that he is one of the top 4 WR on the LSU Roster right now behind Randle, Shep, and Boone.

You guys think he will see a good amount of playing time this fall? Or RS?

LSU has A LOT of depth. I'm very excited about seeing what Miles and Kragthorpe have in store for opposing defenses. Outside of Louisiana, not many people know about Ware, Ford, Boone, or the Freak and several others on Defense.

Gonna be a good one this fall, fellas.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It was going to be an interesting battle between Odell and Jarvis to see who would contribute next season and I still think both will get some time. However, Jarvis has an uphill battle with his injury and will just be getting on track a week or so before the season which may hurt his chances and might be better off taking a RS. I think James Wright and/or Boone would have to fall off before either are major contributors next season. Plus you have to factor in that Deangelo will be a little more involved in the passing game compared to last year.

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I still think Landry ends up with more playing time. He is not afraid to lay someone out blocking. People say Les likes players that do the little things. Run-blocking is one of those things. Also, Landry arguably has the best hands on the team.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yes, an uphill battle, but if Jarvis can help, he may not Red-Shirt. Odell is a good one, to have his Dad and a great track star for a Mom (Heather Van Norman), he will do well. kRags will get the best players on the field, ones that can help move/control the ball. D-Pete will be more into the game along with the other TE's.
    As far as the RB's, Ware has as much field vision, strength, moves, athleticism, cutting ability as any other back in the SEC. He just needs the time on the field. He will be used to the utmost in a kRags offense. Most of his set formation will not dictate run or pass. He loves to find a weakness on the defense and exploit. He will keep taking until you overcompensate, then he moves his attack somewhere else.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree with all this, but I have to add that Boone and Wright are very good blockers as well. I've seen them do it at an SEC level. I've only seen Landry do it at the high school level. With the injury, he'll have to REALLY show out when he gets an opportunity and turn the coaches heads.

6. bhelmLSU

I think both will play and not redshirt. But only mentioned it because he could have a set back and already coming into practice late so might need time to adjust especially since he is a freshman. As for the summer workouts, Odell was ahead of Jarvis for the time being. And if Boone or Wright come into their own than it might be beneficial for Jarvis and the team for him to take a RS and not lose a year playing sparingly.

7. bhelmLSU

Odell and Freak are the only 2 freshman practicing with the upperclassman. I think we will see Magee get some reps too this week.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No Collins, no Hilliard?

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I noticed that he wears #33 which I am almost positive was his father's old number at RB right?

10. bhelmLSU

Yes, but he actually wanted #3 but Gore has it.