Official "What do you think he will announce at 6:00PM" Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Dec 25, 2004.

1. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

his dad's uncle's brother's nephew's cousin told him so. Enough with the speculation. If you know something-----Back it up---- don't ----chit us bro!

2. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Uh, yeah, I think he's gone

Sad day for all Tiger fans. It is very surreal that St. Nick would announce on Christmas, of all days, that he's breaking Tiger fans' hearts and leaving the Ole War Skule. I for one ain't gonna cry in my beer. Time to pick up and move on. Thank God Skip Bertman, and not Jo Jo Dean, is picking the new coach, or we'd get another bargain basement guy.

IMHO, Bertman's short list will consist of : Davis, Rodriguez, Riley, Erickson, Del Rio. I think it will come down to Riley or Rodriguez. Either would be an excellent selection. Maybe Skip has an ace up his sleeve that none of us are aware of, and he'll be able to bring in a heavyweight like a Gruden or Shanahan.

Geaux Tigers! It's not the end of the world, the future is bright. Good luck in Miami, Nick, but I think you're making a huge mistake.:bncry: :lsug: :eek:ldskule: :)

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

FighinTiger, You gotta elaborate a bit...now!

4. max

max Founding Member

On the FinsHeaven, there is a post that says Hank on ESPN News says that LSU officials think that he is gone. I did not see this on ESPNNews myself though.

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I think he is gone. Unless he is prepared to sign some kind of buy out or get deferred payment after staying a certain number of years, I am ready for it to happen. Even if a buy out clause or something similar happens I know there are no true guarantees, but I would still like to have something that makes it less likely this will happen again for at least 3 to 4 years. This dance is getting longer and more disruptive each year. The way this has been handled this year has not been one of Saban's finest moments.

6. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I don't want Riley. Erickson is a damn good college coach, but he tends not to stick around, always going back to the NFL only to fall on his face.

45 minutes to go and then we can put our focus in the right place.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He obviously knew before he left and there is no need to get the players together to tell them if he is going to stay. He will also be out of BR and away from the local press that may give him a hard time if he does leave. However how cruel would it be for him to announce his leaving on christmas day? With what the Fins are able to offer and his obvious desire to give the NFL a try a have little hope that he is going to stay. Even so I do still have a shred of hope for at least the next 30 minutes. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

8. TigersTalons

TigersTalons Founding Member

I hope he is gone ,outta RESPECT.I think hes a great coach.....we shall wait and see. o win in orlando go SEC!!!!!!!!!:usaflagwa

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

There is little doubt in my mind that he's gone!

You don't fly all the way to Florida to tell us he's staying...

10. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Don't yo u think going to play in the Capital One Bowl complicates that logic just a wee bit? It's not like he had no reason to be in Orlando. I think what you are trying to say is that if he were staying, he would have made the announcement in BR before leaving. Is that what you are saying?