Offseason? How Bout Coaches Rankings...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Apr 8, 2008.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Missed field goal and it's a loss. What is your point?

1 person likes this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

just taking a jab at my buddy tiga. don't take it personally.

Ask Ole Miss fans if they think our clock guy is impartial.

and IF we miss the FG, people question why we didn't take a shot at the EndZone 1st.

I told you already, I used YOUR coach. Who was ranked above ours. If a fan of either of the 3 other schools listed above us had made your post, I would have done something similar, except used THEIR coach.

evidently not. this wasn't an attempt to "bait" you.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hey hey, now, I said I'd be ya friend only if you didn't tell anyone. :lol:

I understand Terry's initial post and agree with what he's saying, if I understood correctly. Not necessarily baggin on Miles, just making case about why he wasn't ranked higher.

I also thought claire's post later in the thread, with the 11-2, 11-2, 12-2, was spot on.

The calls being debated are the exact reason I don't think we pull off another NC Championship next year. We can't get that lucky two years in a row and no knock on our team/coach there, it takes luck and skill to put one of those on the shelf.

On the other side, I also think we'll do much better and be much closer to the NC game next year than most of the fans I talk to feel. At this point, I'd put the winner of the OSU/USC game in the NC Game with someone.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Tough to say. I don't remember a season where 1 team needed so many plays like that. Hopefully, we don't end up in that many do or die situations again. I aged 10 years last season.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

How does Spurrier and Saban get the #2 and #3 spot over Miles? In Miles 1st three seasons in the SEC he has 1 SECC, 1 NC and 3 consecutive bowl wins... not to mention a 36-4 (or something like that) record.
    Spurrier has done absolutely nothing at USC except get dominated by the other SEC schools and to put Saban at the top of that list is rediculous... because of his NFL experience... unless I watched a different Dolphins then everyone else... they sucked under Saban. Not to mention Sabans losst to OOC ULM and mediocre honorable mention invite to the Independance Bowl. C'mon... I can agree with Richt at #1 but given Miles' record and success at LSU he should be at #2.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That's simply not true, Terry. I'd have to gather you didn't watch the play closely. The ball was caught at 4 seconds. If the ball is batted in the air somewhere around 5 seconds, I'm sorry but it would not have taken a whole five seconds to hit the ground. The clock guy clearly let a whole 3 seconds run off the clock after the catch. I won't imply that he did it on purpose, but he definitely didn't do his job on that play.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=b6wJ_vz0zaY[/MEDIA]

1 person likes this.
  7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

this guy also did bcs coaches.

i will never for the life of me understand the jim grobe or mike leach love fest. if a bunch of people come on here that get upset very easily they have a stroke about this list.

8. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Not much reason to get upset. More silly than anything.

Even though sports writers annually vote the SEC as toughest conference to win in, and now have acknowledged how stacked we are with coaching greats, the only SEC coach in the Top 10 is one that has not won a NC. :insane: Five coaches in our conference have won a NC within the last twelve years, three within the last six years, but apparently they don't make the grade. Guess we should be grateful they made the Top 25.

I can't drink enough alcohol to alter my world perceptions that much. He must have access to some killer drugs.

9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Just one example of how subjective his national list is

Rich Rodriguez at no. 3. I wonder what the national pundits (and TerryP) would have said if LSU/Les Miles would have pulled the choke job Rodriguez did this year agianst a Pitt team with a losing record?

And this cat is No.3 best coach in the country?

10. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Yup, first SEC coach on the list is No. 12. So in the toughest conference in the country, the best coach is no. 12???:insane::insane: