One Man's SEC Bowl Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Keep in mind that I am using my predictions of Kentucky beating UT, and Florida Beating Florida State today.

Sugar -- UGA
    Cap One -- Florida
    Cotton -- Arkansas
    Outback -- Auburn
    Peach -- LSU
    Music City -- Tennessee
    Independence -- Ole Piss

Of course if Florida loses,

Sugar -- UGA
    Cap One -- Ark
    Cotton -- LSU
    Outback -- Auburn
    Peach -- Florida
    Music City -- Tennessee
    Independence -- Ole Piss

Not to worried about the other scenario, Kentucky is GOING to beat UT today.

2. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

No chance that UT will go to the Music City Bowl. They could not even sell out the stadium(20,000 short) for the UT-Vandy game.

I hate to be selfish but I would not mind LSU going to the MC bowl, because it's just up the street from me.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If Ark loses the SECCG I would about consider them a lock for the Cotton Bowl. I would think the Cotton would love to have them since they were associated back in the SWC days.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

There goes my UK over UT prediction

That kinda screws the whole thing up

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

But Tennessee DID sell out Adelphia Coliseum in Nashville earlier this season against Wyoming (Wyoming was the "home team" in a game played in Nashville that is part of the Vols season ticket package. Boy, Wyoming's athletic department must be strapped for cash to agree to that deal). What happened is Vanderbilt tried to cash in big by charging obscene ticket prices for the game. Well, that might have worked if Tennessee was in national contention, but UT was instead coming off it's worst season in years, therefore the resulting 15,000 empty seats. I have no doubt UT would sell out the Music City Bowl, but UT fans won't like it. It would be like LSU going to the Independence Bowl in Shreveport.

I hope we go to the Cotton Bowl, but considering I'm from North Louisiana, I am kind of hoping for the Indy Bowl so I get to go watch the Tigers play after Christmas.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I might be from Shreveport and will be spending the holidays there but I sure as heck would rather drive a couple hours west for the Cotton Bowl instead of going to the Indy Bowl. I beleive Ole Piss shall be in the Indy Bowl after getting snubbed last year.