One of the few basketball posts I'll make...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 3, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Oh yeah...PS...We were set to attend a few before you assed out on me, punk!

Just joking, man...

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

You would have not liked to go to the early games we were scoring points back then. What would you bitch about?

Just Kidding...
    I agree with most of TE's views on football, baseball and other LSU topics but I have never understood his views on John Brady. I think it's because Brady made him shine his shoes that day back a few years ago while working over there.

3. TigerEducated

Actually, Brady stole my ex girlfriend, like Jim Haslett did to Jeff Blake with that Saintsation in his first year in Nawlins...

Just joking...It's like a certain SID who's still employed by LSU told me at media day before the 1999 season in Basketball...

Me: "(Name deleted out of respect for the man), how will the basketball team turn out this year?"
    (Name deleted out of respect for the man): "If they don't end up in Parish Prison, they'll be in March Madness...."

He said this only half joking...

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

99 = probation (players Brady found just so we could field a team)

04 = no probation (Brady's players)

Let's wait and see what happens.....

Does Herb still feel this way?

5. TigerEducated

Herb isn't the guy I'm talking about, my friend...

6. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Well Herb was still the SID back in 99 unless your talking about our current SID, Michael.

7. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

TE and others like him are "me" fans, as in "it's all about me". Even though LSU is 14-4, 2nd in the West and on course for a tourney slot, it's not good enough because Ky at Fla looks like it's more fun. Even though, by his own admission, TE works from 12-9 and can't go to (or presumably watch) the games, he has all of the answers and this version of LSU basketball just doesn't please him. He's not having enough vicarious thrills because Dickie V isn't screaming about how great LSU is and the PMAC is not shaking with delerious fans. Forget that neither Ky or Fla have suffered the stench of probation for 3 of the past 5 years. Forget that Brady has done a remarkable job under trying circumstances. " Florida, Duke and Connecticut fans seem to be having more fun than me and I'm going to stomp my feet and hold my breath until something is done." Cry me a river TE.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Saban Fan - your thoughts are well intended and you obviously know your LSU Sports. Florida is a killer place to be an athlete these days as they attract the very best in every sport. Success breeds success - right? Of course we have high expectations and lofty demands, we're LSU fans. We are riding the biggest purple and gold wave in the history of LSU sports (in my opinion) and maybe, just maybe, we could ride it right into the PMAC and right on around into Alex Box. Continual success at the D1 level is always at a premium and excitement about one sport's accomplishments can do wonders for other sports if it's harnessed properly. It's an exciting time to be associated with LSU and an even more exciting time to be an athlete at LSU. Let's keep it that way. If Brady is at the wheel, so be it, but if he proves he can't drive the ship, I think we should look to someone who can. Either way, the time to create a sense of urgency is now while the excitment is fresh, the wallets are open and the fans are begging for more to cheer for. We've claimed our spot at the top of the Football world and we want to save a spot at the top for other sports in the near future.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I go back and forth on Brady but I'm leaning towards agreeing with the first post by Crawfish. At this point in time, it's hard to be critical of the job Brady has done. If we played up tempo, Tac would probably be (more) out of control, our few good big men might get into foul trouble (might have to play Nelter more?), and the D would get sloppy. I value wins more than style of play.

I realized I was getting old last night when they mentioned during the Kentucky/Florida game that Tito Hartford's son was playing college basketball somewhere. Did anyone hear where? When I was about 10 yrs old, I named one of my hermit crabs Tito after him. It died after about two months like Tito Hartford's career at LSU.