Opinion of ABC Announcers?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Buckeye Fan, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Buckeye Fan

Buckeye Fan Founding Member

How does everyone like the new ABC announcing crew? I always thought Kirk Herbstreit is a fair guy with good analysis and it's nice to see him moved up to the bigger games.

How about Paul McGuire, ugh that guy is terrrible, I hated him in ESPN sunday night games, and today he was doing Washington vs. Oklahoma and commenting on "Julius Peterson" :dis: Heisman hopes.

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Kirk Herbstreit can go F himself. He's never shown LSU any love and instead whore's himself out to Auburn continually every year.

Best quote I remember him saying was last year before the SEC Champ game when he said "The best team in the SEC isn't even in the game."

The new announcers were, meh. I don't really care anyway. Most of the time the game is muted and I'm listening on 870 or 98.1.

3. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I don't know what I'll do when Mike Patrick calls an LSU game. I cannot stand that guy. His voice is fine. It is his dumbass observations and suggestions after nearly every play that makes my blood curdle. I'll be watching the game on mute if anything. It's amazing ESPN let the worst broadcast team I could ever think of (the old ESPN sunday night crew) stay together for as long as they did. Paul MacGuire is annoying as ****. The less said about Joe Thiesmann the better.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If Musberger is doing the play-by-play the TV instantly goes to mute.

5. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Geee...wonder why that is...ole kirky went to tOSU!! :dis: Kinda funny how a buckeye fan might like his opinion.