OT: 2005 New Student Academic Requirements?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by macatak911, Aug 29, 2003.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Hi Im a HS junior eight now and ive been a tiger fan all my life.....i want to go to lsu for college but would like to know what the 2005 GPA, ACT, SAT requirements are as I have heard from some people that they are goign to change....thanks!

2. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

My younger brother is your age and to my knowledge he will need a 3.0 with a 24 to get into LSU( and he is instate). Do not qoute me on that info, but that is my understanding.

GEAUXX TIGERSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. lsusaints

lsusaints Founding Member

wow...those are pretty high requirements for a state school

4. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

Yeah they are. When I graduated a couple years ago, I had plenty of friends that wanted to go to LSU but couldn't because the GPA requirments were too high - I beleive it was a 2.8 with a 20 but I am not sure - so they ended up at ULL, UNO, and Southeastern. LSU is really trying to raise its academics.

5. TigerTreat

TigerTreat Founding Member

These are the current requirements from LSU's website. You could still be accepted if you do not meet these requirements.

Students who meet one of the following criteria will be automatically admitted:

A high school grade-point average (gpa) of 3.5, SAT 1260 (ACT 28), and a rigorous college preparatory curriculum in an accredited or state-approved high school,

OR

17.5 specified high school units, as listed below, and either
    1. A high school academic gpa/SAT combination of greater than or equal to 2.8/950 (ACT 20). LSU has determined that the following combinations of gpa/SAT will be accepted as equivalent: 2.6/1030 (ACT 22), 2.7/990 (ACT 21), and 2.9/910 (ACT 19); or
    2. Graduate in the top 15% of high school graduating class and have an SAT 870 (ACT 18),

OR

16 of 17.5 specified units, as listed below, and either
    1. A high school academic gpa/SAT combination of greater than or equal to 2.8/1030 (ACT 22), 3.0/990 (ACT 21), or 3.3/950 (ACT 20); or
    2. Graduate in the top 10% of high school graduating class and have an SAT 910 (ACT 19).

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

LSU is really raising the standard. In 10 or 20 years, I think LSU will be on the same playing field as Georgia and Florida with Academics. Emmert is the best thing to happen to LSU academics in a long time...

7. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

searching the net i found this pdf file.... http://www.regents.state.la.us/pdfs/PubAff/LACRAO Articulation Workshops 2002.pdf

from page 14...."Minimum Admissionbs Criteria - LSU A&M by 2005

-Completion of Regions (TOPS) High School Core

AND one of the following:

-High School GPA greater than or equal to 3.0
    -ACT Composite greater than or equal to 25
    -High School rank - Top 10%

*No students admitted with less than 2.0 GPA

not sure if this is valid as this is from 2002 and what/who is Regents?

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

LSU has gone up BIG TIME since 1997. I use 1997 because that is when I entered high school in New Orleans. I remember seniors with 2.0's getting into LSU because it was the only place to go that would accept them as a big school. When I graduated? Kids with 2.8's were getting turned down. Slowly...LSU is getting there.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

When I first started LSU I had some old folks at home talking trash cause "any idiot can get into LSU." I made them aware of the standards going up just about each year and enrollment is still on the rise. When I entered I think you needed a 20 ACT and somewhere around a 3.0GPA.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Louisiana has enough public schools(Tech, ULL, ULM, Southeastern, Mcneese, Northwestern, LSUS) that LSU can and will slowly move to what Georgia's and Florida admissions policys are. Even if you are from Georgia or Florida, it isn't a piece of cake to get into those schools. As long as we keep Emmert, LSU will move into the tier 2 of academic schools(Florida, Georgia, Auburn) within the next 10 years...IMHO