OT Chidi Valentine-Okeke Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dudley, Jan 29, 2015.

1. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Huh? He picked Alabama about a week ago and then decommitted. Highly, highly unlikely that he goes back to them now.

2. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Not the way that I have heard it. I have read other places where it is up in the air for sure but not a "tough road". That is spin. Oh, and quoting a 24/7 guy or two is pretty laughable. Yeah, I really believe 24/7 guys to be prophets. Remind me again how many thought OVC was going to commit to LSU? Oh wait, I remember now....1 guy out of 24! So if you want to provide evidence or opinions or whatever, might want to quote a Ouija Board or the Magic 8 Ball...24/7 guys are dart throwers and not very good ones.

tirk and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Oh good. We're still arguing about this.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I keep pulling the chain . . . and you keep ringing and ringing.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

There wasn't any turn. You are implying that OVC wasn't a take for Bama which isn't a separate topic all together. Above post addressed the sign and place question regarding LSU. It could happen like with any prospect but it will depend on his ACT and what classes he has to take in the summer. There was no turn because of the sign and place.

Reclassification requires guidelines to follow similar to the core requirements used by the clearinghouse but we all know it doesn't guarantee anything.

6. bhelmLSU

Prince hasn't committed or decommitted from anyone. Alabama does have a chance with him and maybe more so than LSU at this point. Bama has been visiting him in-home, etc... He is the prospect who reclassified about 3 weeks ago and then had a serious injury during a basketball game. I believe Auburn, LSU, and Bama confirmed with him that his offer was still valid after the injury.

I did get the prospect wrong on who stopped by alabama before and after his Ole Miss visit though...That was CeCe.

7. EyeoftheTiger 2015

:cool: As you know there are 2 "Prince"s being discussed a lot in recruiting. One is Prince Tega W (DE) and the other is I. Prince the OL. When you mentioned visiting, I didn't think you meant Prince Tega because he ain't visiting anywhere with a fractured leg. I Prince is the OL that Terry brought up who was committed to Alabama for a short period of time but no longer. Thanks for the clarification. I do disagree with at least one point. I seriously doubt Alabama has as good of a chance with Tega as LSU does and not as good of a chance as Auburn does. And Bama visited him? OK, so what? LSU not only had an official visit in BR from him before the leg break and has visited him AFTER the leg break back in Alabama. Alabama hadn't even offered the guy until recently IF they have now...I don't know. Anyway, if I had to rank chances, I would put LSU and Auburn co-leaders and Alabama in 3rd place. For one thing, his guardians are supposedly Auburn fans. :D

As far as Alabama and CeCeJefferson, they have two chances, slim and none, and slim left town. Most seem to think Auburn, Florida, or Ole Miss, but if my life depended on it, I'll predict LSU. The factors in my guess are 1) last visit 2) LSU needs DEs soon and he knows it 3) Orgeron is a hell of a DL recruiter 4) the supposed package deal of Cowart, Holland, and Jefferson that some pointed to for Auburn is as real as unicorns.

8. bhelmLSU

Yes, sorry for confusion I was only thinking in terms of LSU targets.

Tega was only offered recently by LSU too and just like LSU Bama has visited with him many times. I have it as Auburn then Bama then LSU.

I am cautiously optimistic about CeCe myself. He and his package deal crew have been all over the map. I can see LSU or Ole Miss or Auburn or even Bama. You don't visit Bama twice in one weekend (last weekend) and take time away from an official visit at Ole Miss if there isn't serious interest IMO. Maybe Terry can comment on what he thinks the chances are. LSU for sure has great things working in our favor and this visit could have put us over the top. Waiting to get a call back on how some of the staff felt about his visit this weekend.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

I don't think Alabama has visited him many times...I am NOT positive about this, but it came up the other day with the verbal of CVO. The article I read said LSU outmaneuvered Auburn. LSU got a recent visit to BR from him, then Auburn visited him at his home, then LSU visited him at his home. The article clearly stated (I can't vouch for its accuracy)...."you are only allowed an in home visit once every 10 days". And he just reclassified within the last month or so. 1 month ago, he didn't even have an Alabama offer. For Prince Tega, Alabama is trying to play catch up...like I say, I think 3rd place. As far as CeCe Jefferson, I don't think they are even on the betting board to get him. My own odds are LSU 40% Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida 20% each. Alabama 0%

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  10. bhelmLSU

You can visit more than once every 10 days. I don't know all the rules because they change frequently but each staff and staff members get a certain amount of visits per year and per in-home prospect and can go any time they want to schedule it. Tega got a bunch of recent visits from Bama. Likely just as many as we had with him. I also heard Bama visited him in the hospital.