Our conditioning

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 8, 2009.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This nonsense about our conditioning is being driven into the ground. Where exactly are people getting the idea that our team is poorly conditioned? We had some bad luck out there with injuries yesterday. It's not like several of our players were cramping up or getting winded. Only Peterson was getting cramps.

Big SEC games are very physical. Especially when a team is coming off a bye week. Look at what LSU did to a good Auburn team after a bye week. Ask yourself, would this game have been different if LSU was coming off a bye week and Bama wasn't? Of course it would have been.

Our conditioning is outstanding and it should be appreciated by the fans.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Grad is paying attention, at least.

4. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

All those atheletes on the field last night were in excellent condition. If not, how and the hell do you explain the "slobber knocker" game it turned out to be? Only suspect conditioning I saw were the officials.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

this thread should be stickied.

i couldn't agree more.

6. red55

Uhhh . . . we lost our leading passer, our leading rusher, and our lock-down corner in the 4th. Think that might have had something to do with it? :huh:

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with our conditioning. Why would anyone think that?

8. red55

There is a new guy posting this on every thread today. He thinks Danthetigerfan "gets it", if that tells you anything.

9. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

People are just trying to rationalize the loss to the gumps. Everyone has to have a scapegoat, for some people, unfortunately, it's the coaching staff.

Coaches are like players, like everyone else on the planet. No one is perfect. EVERYONE makes mistakes. Just look at how the game changed when Jefferson/Peterson/Scott all left the game. I'm just saying.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rex C.

Rex C. member

The conditioning argument is overblown

I did not see fatigue set in last night.

What I did see was two very unfortunate injuries.

And as for the cramps argument, please...

Certain individuals are just more prone to acute muscle spasms. In the case of Peterson, it didn't stop him from making what should have been a key interception.

We pretty much led for the majority of the game until those two key injuries occurred with Jefferson and Scott.

All of this conditioning blather is ridiculous. Are we supposed believe that Bama has a secret collarbone and ankle strengthening program that is far superior to ours?

1 person likes this.