Passing Yards in the VT vs Ark St

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Aug 28, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I dont know if anybody has brought this up but Ark St. Threw the ball for 300 plus yards against VT

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

ESPN says 203 yards in the air. But it is interesting to note that Arkansas St. netted 227 yards and VT netted only 387. Im not impressed with that at all. We'll see come sunday.

3. HokieSwede

HokieSwede Freshman

Our starting tailback had 5 carries, and our starting QB had 7 pass attempts.

Indeed, we will see come Sunday.

4. VaBeachHokie

VaBeachHokie Freshman

Not to mention

Not to mention that every player that dressed for the game played in the game except Vick and Schmidt (who we are trying to redshirt this year). Our 4th string players played most of the 2nd half. Our 3rd string QB played half the 3rd quarter and all the 4th quarter and had 1 pass. About the only thing that game accomplished was to give players some experience who would otherwise ride the bench all year.

Ark St. isn't really a team that we can play that you can use to judge our talents. The main thing I watched for was to see the team operate as a unit. Cohesiveness, working as a unit, etc. I liked what I saw. No problems stood out to me and not some of the petty bickering we saw at times last year.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I don't know a whole lot about the technicalities of redshirting, but can't you play a few games (like 2 or 3) and still redshirt automatically without going through the appeals process? If this were the case, couldn't little Vick have played during mop up time?

6. VaBeachHokie

VaBeachHokie Freshman

Redshirting

I don't think so. When Mike Vick was a freshman we lost all 3 of our QB's that year. Beamer kept Vick on the sideline and redshirted him as he promised his family and high school coach he would. We ended up moving our safety to play QB for a few games that year.

I think once Marcus plays a single down he loses his redshirt eligibility. He can play in the JV games to get experience. He won't play this year unless we lose Noel, Randall, and Hunt.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

redshirt

Yes you can play in the first 4 games of your freshman yr and as long as you do not play any after that you can redshirt. Now with that said Addia played in the UK game last year which should have made him a soph. this yr but he got injured so he got a redshirt.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

8. DeafValleyBatnR

JV

JV GAMES ?????????? Virginia Tech has a JV team.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

9. VaBeachHokie

VaBeachHokie Freshman

Yes

The incoming freshman who redshirt and some of the scout squad are a JV team. They play against some of the prep schools around here like Fork Union to get playing time.