Pederasts -- Lock 'em up or cut it off

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by NoLimitMD, Mar 18, 2006.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/18/scarolina.predator/index.html

This is the kind of story that just sickens me.

It seems like studies have shown time and time again that pedophilia can NOT be cured, yet we still unleash these monsters on the public after doing a few years behind bars.

Seems to me that you either have to lock 'em up for life or make a minor change to their anatomy to address this recidivism.

2. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I've always advocated an eye for an eye. If a guy kills someone by beating with a golf club them to an inch of their life and then setting them on fire, then as punishment the muderer gets the same thing done to him. I know it wouldn't really work in cases like this so I think making a few major changes to their anatomy would work after years and years of pound me in the ass prison.

3. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

These type stories always sickens me. 9 times out of 10 they spend their time in prison, get lost in the system when they get out and you don't hear from them again until their next victim...that is, if the next victim is lucky enough to survive. This is a perfect example of why I'm glad I had boys. I can't imagine the worry that parents go through each time they let their daughter go somewhere. Sad that it has to be that way. Therefore, cut it off! ;)

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't think that would solve anything. It is usually much deeper than just a sexual thing - simply not having the equipment wouldn't stop them from assaulting kids.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Unless you're Catholic. :(

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If a parolled thief or embezzler goes back to crime, then we only lose some money or valuables to find out that he needs to be locked up again. But murderers and predators are different. If they go back to their crimes then a human victim is again created. People whose crimes involved murder and assault should receive parole very rarely.

Predators should have to do the full time, including life without parole. If a predator does do his full 30 then he should still have to wear a locator anklet for the rest of his life and be forbidden to be around children.

7. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

Don't lock them up for life, don't change their anatomy. A nice lethal injection would do them just fine.

Molestation is one of the few crimes that should mandate execution.

8. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I really hate to make you mindful or this, but the sickest of the sick would rather have your son than your daughter. Know where your kids are at all times. Easy with today's cell phones. You might piss them off, but what is better? They will thank you later in life....please believe me..

9. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

I watch the news every day, Col Reb. I know about all the sick people out there. Each of my kids have a cell phone and think nothing of it if I call, which I don't do very often. Jared usually tells me what his plans are before he leaves the house, and he knows why this is important to me so he doesn't mind. I would just hate to know that I had small children this day and time. Either it use to not be this bad or they didn't report on it as much but, this is an everyday thing now....children are no longer safe.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Louisiana considering GPS tracking of sex offenders

By MELINDA DESLATTE
    Associated Press Writer

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) -- Louisiana is looking skyward to upgrade its tracking of sex offenders beyond a simple registration of where they live.

The state corrections department plans to use Global Positioning Satellite monitoring to keep tabs on 100 of Louisiana's highest-risk sex offenders, if the $365,000 program gets funding in the upcoming budget year.

The GPS monitoring in Louisiana would mirror similar programs in at least nine other states that can locate and track movement of sex offenders around the clock.

Backers say the satellite technology - which is used by the military and motorists in mapping systems - alerts police if sex offenders travel in prohibited areas, like near schools or victims' homes, and helps police determine if sex offenders were in an area when and where a crime occurred.

Read the rest of the story