Penn State - LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

PSU sources indicate it's CapOne for Lions

By DAVID JONES, The Patriot-News

December 06, 2009, 2:24PM

Penn State sources just in the last few minutes have begun saying that they believe Iowa is headed for the Fiesta Bowl. That means PSU is headed for Orlando and the Capital One Bowl, very likely against Louisiana State.
    The Fiesta Bowl committee was scheduled to begin deliberations only at 2 p.m. EST so a consensus must have been reached prior that Penn State was out of its picture.
    The Capital One Bowl committee of about 100 voting members entered their ballots last Sunday (Nov. 29) on Big Ten and SEC preferences. Penn State should be the run-away winner for the Big Ten with LSU likely getting the edge on Mississippi among SEC candidates. CapOne members will know the results of that vote by sometime after 5 p.m. EST today but won't be permitted to release it until after the BCS presentation show on Fox at 8 p.m.

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Sorry hawker. It would be a great game to play your team, but I would rather take a shot at the old man:geaux:

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I'd like to see the Tigers get a little redemtion for that 16 - 9 loss back in '70 (or was it '71). Ought to be a good matchup. :LSU231:

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am sure no apologies are necessary since he is more than happy to take that spot in the BCS.

5. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

Looks like I'm gonna have to take off my LSU Football plates on the front of my car. Come to think of it, I think I'll leave it on. We'll spank PSU's butt.

6. psulions2007

psulions2007 Founding Member

I haven't posted here as much as previous years due to a very, very busy/taxing year, but after several years of flirting with playing each other, it's good to see us finally match up!!

We match up really well with each other... poor offenses and good defenses. Expect a very low scoring game.

My alma mater vs. my family school.... Can't wait! WE ARE!!!!!! :D

2 people like this.
  7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Glad you showed back up!!!