Personal Growth

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TitanTiger (AU), Sep 3, 2003.

1. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

I've tossed and turned. I've pondered. I've grappled with mixed emotions and conflicting desires. On the one hand, I could gain at least a week's worth of relief from you LSU people...on the other, I could listen for the rest of the year how the SEC sucks this year.

Soooooo....I've decided that there are times for solidarity and swallowing of pride...for not thinking of temporal, fleeting personal satisfaction but of long-term broader implications beyond my own little Auburn world.

I'm pulling for LSU over Arizona this weekend. I know, I know. It's shocking. But we just can't have those candy-ass PAC-10 folks thinking they have a leg up on the SEC. And we need LSU to have a strong record coming into that showdown later in October. So go out and kill Arizona. Make amends (if that's possible) for the egg we laid on Saturday.

I feel like I've grown as a person and a football fan. It feels good. Now let's drink. [​IMG]

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Football fandom is a humbling thing. If AU massacres Tech and LSU lays an egg at 'Zona we'll be the ones eating the humble pie. I'm with you. Let's all pull for the SEC and get in each other's faces when we go head to head. No gloves though.

3. tigermojo

tigermojo Founding Member

I couldn't agree more. I don't think USC is a fair representation of the quality of the PAC-10 any more than Miss. St. is a fair representation of the SEC.
    Y'all go on out and crush Tech and we'll go out and skin us some 'cat. Then we'll see you in October. Until then, we can agree to disagree on which Tiger is the best.

4. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

I reserve the right to make an exception to all this SEC love for bammer. I hope Oklahoma plasters them this weekend. Sorry...you'd have to grow up in Alabama to understand. :D

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

no, you dont:)

6. tigermojo

tigermojo Founding Member

You see, I'm torn. I understand from your perspective, but I live in TX, and if it's not UT then it's OU. I'm at the point now that I wish nothing but failure on both of them. The only time I pull for OU is when they play UT.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Dude I think all of us were cheering for Auburn last weekend (AS displayed on a previous post)

I will say it again (AS many times before)

The SEC is like a family - We fight to the teeth inside our own yard. Beat each other up etc etc

But as soon as some outsider comes in, we stick together.

More so a bunch of hippies and liberals from the left coast...

If Auburn was playing Ohio State. - As much as I have disaind for Tubby, I would be screaming War Eagle - Beat those yankees.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

tigermojo - Living in Carrollton - I feel your pain. I am so sick of those tea sippers in Austin and OU...

I am surrounded by A&M, UT, and OU around here.....

9. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

Ditto!!!!!!!!

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Having lived (very briefly) in OK, and now here in TX, I couldn't agree more. I'd LOVE to see Bama shred OU. As it is, I believe they will at least muffle their fraud of an offense. Of course, OU has the best defense ever to walk on a football field, don't they? ;) God, I wish I could get Fox Sports South HERE!