Phil Steele ranking out: Auburn #2, LSU #21!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jun 7, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Phil Steele's magazine is out and he ranks his preseason college teams again. This will be controversial.

1. OU
    2. Auburn
    3. Louisville
    4. USC
    5. Texas
    6. Miami
    7. Notre Dame
    8. OSU
    9. VT
    10. FSU
    11. Michigan
    12. Tennessee
    13. Arkansas
    14. Georgia
    15. Iowa
    16. Cal
    17. WVU
    18. Clemson
    19. Boise St
    20. Florida
    21. LSU
    22. Nebraska
    23. Utah
    24. Purdue
    25. Oregon

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Well, I'm a huge PS fan and he's been very kind to LSU in recent years as far as ratings are concerned.

Thing with Phil is he has his formulas and he sticks to them religiously. He emphasizes things like turnover ratio from the previous season, returning starters and lettermen, schedule...if his system shows LSU on the downside this year, then that's what he's going to project.

Yeah...but 21st???

Ouch.

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Yep, and the first thing his "formulas" are going to point out with LSU is that we have no experience on either line. A big question mark in big time college football.

4. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

Florida getting no love either at 20th? Hmmm...WVU is supposed to have a cupcake schedule and have proved they can play with the big boys...Many have them as possible MNC contenders...they are 17th. We spank UM by 40 last year, and they are 14 spots ahead of us this year, with a poor recruiting season to boot??? I dont think I put much into to this guys rankings. I am sure he is looking at schedules...LSU has 3 tough road games and a couple of interesting home games..but we have the talent to win every single game no matter where we play...We could go 12-0, or 8-4...just depends on a good start, injuries etc..

"I'll take this team, and play any sucker in the country anywhere anytime"

5. Apextiger

bogus poll, go to philsteeles website, he has LSU at 11

6. Apextiger

:lsup: bogus poll, go to philsteeles website, he has LSU at 11

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

This is simply an incorrect statement.

Will Arnold, Brett Helms, Ryan Miller, Brian Johnson, and Peter Dyakowski return, all of whom have quite a bit of experience and talent. Glen Dorsey was part of the four deep rotation at D-Tackle, and Chase Pittman returns at an end spot.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I know that and you know that, but his formulas probably do not. I'm guessing they saw one part time and one full time starter on the oline, and one starter on the dline. Therefore bringing up red flags.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

This is probably really hurting us by his formula, but if Phil wasn't so strict in using formulas, he would realize that it was abiration due to the circumstances & not something that should be expected for next year.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We lack depth with experience, and also starters who have started before this coming season. But our starters definitely have experience.