Picks on SEC TV GAMES....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

REB's 31 Aubies 28
    Tennesse 24 Gamecocks 17
    Georgia 28 Flordia 17
    I hope mI'm wrong about the Tennessee game. The reb's will be up for aubarn. The Bulldogs are just better than the gator's.

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Speaking of SEC TV games this weekend, can anyone tell me why CBS picked Tennessee-South Carolina over highly ranked Georgia vs. Florida in the "largest outdoor cocktail party"? I can't figure this one out.

3. Goodlifetiger

maybe....

Espn got first choice.

4. SoLa in NoIll

The way I understand the contract is that CBS gets first right of refusal each week, followed by ESPN (and the Deuce if it has an SEC time slot), then JP. Were they just tired of showing the UGA-UF game each year? I just don't get this one, unless for some reason this week ESPN got first choice. Why choose a very mediocre Tennessee team with 3 losses and a decent but not great USC team over an undefeated Georgia vs. intriguing Florida? Have both of those teams been on CBS too often this year? If so, it seems like pretty poor planning by CBS to show the UGA-UK game last week but not show UGA-UF this week.

5. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

TigerFan wheres the love? :D

Here are my picks for what they are worth:

Ole Miss - 28
    Auburn - 31

Georgia - 34
    Florida - 21

Tenn - 10
    Gamecocks - 13

Unfortunately Auburn is for real but Ole Miss will score points. Georgia is playing with swager and Fla is too busy trying to find a rope for Zook.
    And Last but not least Tenn V USC. This should be a defensive game, For Tenn. Clausen is banged up, Washington is out and they have not moved the ball well and our D is going to want to prove themselves after the drubbing your boys put on our guys in the 3rd quarter two weeks ago. For USC Brewer is out (This is huge) and we are asking a lot of our younger players to step up and the Tenn. D is outstanding. With all that said I look for us to win on a last second fieldgoal.

GO COCKS!!!

6. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

To answer the questions regarding what games to be on TV, I believe that is has to deal with the SEC and ESPN and CBS contract. It was decided by the SEC that the UGA V Fla game would start at night at least once. ESPN has been wanting that game at night forever and this is their year Sooooo they are kicking off at night for the first time in the series to accomadate ESPN. I believe this is what I heard on one of our local radio sports shows. Hope it helps.

Geaux Tigers!!!!!!

GO COCKS!!!!!

7. SoLa in NoIll

OK, thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize that this is the first night game for that series, so that's interesting.

BTW, I agree with your picks, whaleofacock. I see a letdown for Auburn, a ho-hum win by UGA and a win by USC in a tight one.

8. Goodlifetiger

Whale.....

I hope your right. I just got one of those feelings. I'll be watching the game and I will route for the gamecocks.

9. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Now that you mention it I don't think I can recall that game being played at night either. With that being the coctail party, will there be any fans sober enough to watch the game lol?

I think U Ga. wins this one easily.

UT vs USC, I have a hard time believing the vols will lose 3 in a row, but with Miami on the horizon it could happen. I'm going to stick my neck out and predict USC in a close one.

And, as much as I hate to say this, Awbun OWNS Ole Miss. AU has beaten UM eight of the last nine years - including two in a row. The Tigers' only loss was back in 1999 (when Awbun finished 5-6) in OT. CTT needs this game or he will be shopping for luggage.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Auburn caught LSU on a bad day and now they think they're unbeatable. I don't. If they put eight or nine men in the box to stop the run like they did against LSU, they will find out that Eli Manning is NOT Marcus Randall. I think this game is a toss-up with the one turning it over the least winning. I'll go with Ole Myth if I have to pick one. 24-21

Georgia will spank Florida. It just ain't the gator's year. 35-14

Somethings wrong at Tennessee, but they will take USC if they can run the ball, although I'd love to see them stumble again. Their ego needs the kind of piercing that Florida has gotten. 17-13