Pitch(fx)

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Apr 9, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I dont remember seeing this mentioned here but this is a new technology in baseball that will likely revolutionize baseball--much moreso down the road though certainly even now.

The Mlb.com scoreboard uses this technology for most games and now managers/scouts/players will be able to look at this info and determine exactly, say, how many breaking balls aj burnett threw to arod and what speed and location and just as important, on any count you desire.

Not only that but it shows the exact number of inches each ball breaks from the time it leaves a pitchers hand to where it crosses the plate.

the uses will be limitless and this would be a nightmare if i were a pitcher but its absolutely golden for managers and hitters.

since i chose arod and aj randomly, here's their chart this year:

[​IMG]

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

What's with the rising fastball and change-up? I saw a Mythbusters recently that de-bunked the myth of the rising fastball.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no a fastball can't rise but the ball certainly comes out of a pitcher's hand at different trajectories dependent on the pitch... which is how i'd interpret it.