Players that make me proud to be an LSU fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PGizle, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PGizle

PGizle Veteran Member

I don't think that there has ever been a draft class for LSU that I have been prouder of then this years class. Other than Terrance tolivers one incident I can't think of any behavior problems with them and they were all such great leaders.

Anyone agree

And what single LSU player present or pass makes u the most proud?

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Wally Pontiff WP31

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Matt Flynn !!!! Matt Flynn sat on a bench for 4 years, when he probably could have started at Baylor or plenty of other places for all 4 of those years. Dude is awesome, one of my top 10 favorite Tigers of all time.

4. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

I could give a list lol,

Jacob Hester
    Glenn Dorsey
    Matt Flynn
    Patrick Peterson
    Kelvin Sheppard
    Drake Nevis

5. bluemoon22

bluemoon22 Freshman

Completely Agree...They have been great men, on and off the field. I love the way they have represented us.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I can say alot here, but I'm going to go with a more polarizing player. Jarrett Lee. To go through what this young man has gone through and to stick it out and give his very best to the program without transferring or taking the easy way out makes me proud that he's a Tiger. He was thrown in as a true freshman, he's been boo'd by his own fans, he's taken criticism and he's been through so much.....yet he remains an LSU Tiger. He does what he's asked to do and he doesn't complain. He doesn't blame others. He doesn't air his grievances to the media. He doesn't whine on social media networks. he just does what he's asked to to.

You look at guys like Chris Garrett and it makes you appreciate Jarrett Lee even more.

One day this kid will get the respect that he deserves.

So in the spirit of this thread, I'll say that Jarrett Lee makes me proud to be an LSU fan. :tigereye:

1 person likes this.
  7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

there have been a lot over the years, both on and off the field.

but in the spirit of "what have you done for me lately", i'll name one of our recruits for 2011 that has yet to play a game. and that would be kenny hilliard.

this young man exemplifies determination and the heart of a tiger. by facing his own shortcomings head on, and over-coming them in a manner that required humbling himself, i have immense respect for him. he has bettered himself in a way that will take him far in life off the field, and likely gained self-confidence that will serve him well on the field.

welcome to lsu mr hilliard.

8. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

+1 LSU! :tigbas:
    He wore the Purple, but was truely GOLD.:thumb:

9. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

Dalton Hilliard.
    One of my all time favorites.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Good call on this draft class. The '07 group of seniors was a great group of guys too. Stelz, Hester, Dorsey, etc. Hoisting the crystal is one thing, but to do it with such character and likability is even more impressive.

It's a sense of pride Auburn fans could never know.