Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Please help my friend Katie

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by KyleK, Apr 23, 2014.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me?

OK peeps. I need your help to help a friend. Her name is Katie Breland. Two years ago, she was in an horrific car accident and paralyzed from the waist down. She has taken this accident and used it to positively impact 1000's of peoples' lives since it happened. She is a huge inspiration to everyone who knows her or knows of her story. I'm asking each of you to please take a minute and read her bio and then please get the word out anyway that you can (social media, water cooler, whatever!) to help her win a van that will help her do something we all take for granted - driving.

Here is the link to vote for her to win the mobility equipped van. It also has a bit of her story. You can vote twice a day. Guys, I appreciate the personal indulgence here and am asking for your help. For more of her story, check out these links:

Katie's Story

Pray for Katie

Katie's Facebook
    stevescookin likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Beautiful girl, her eyes are hypnotizing. Shared..
    KyleK likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

I voted.

Hope she wins.
    KyleK likes this.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me?

Thanks guys. Hopefully y'all can bookmark her voting page and stop by each day to vote. This would do a lot to change this young lady's life. She is an absolutely amazing young lady. I think the world of her. Her short term goal is to walk down the aisle for her wedding this fall. When she first started trying to walk, her braces were up to her chest. Today, she is walking with braces that go midway up her thigh. When I say walking, 100' takes her several minutes but she refuses to quit. We could all learn a little something from her about taking whatever life throws at you and making the best of it.

Thanks again for all of yall's help.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Done, bookmarked and on it. Lets get this young lady a pimped out ride.
    KyleK likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Voted.
    KyleK likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon

done
    KyleK likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

Done and done....good luck to her.