Please someone answer the question

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by busybee, Apr 25, 2004.

1. busybee

busybee Founding Member

Should old people in Iraq receive free health care, while folks that have worked hard their entire life go without medication? Because they cannot afford it. Some one is making big bucks off the war. Can you say, "BUSH."

On the home front, we need jobs. It was rumored that Pres. Bush created 400,000 jobs last year, to bad they were all in Mexico, India and every other country than ours. I live in Illinois all the plants are closing and moving away, what are the people suppose to do. OHHH, How about join the Army and go fight another countries war.

I am not Anti-American, but my children are not going anywhere to fight but right here on our shores.

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Go find another job.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Looking at you post it does not surprise me that you would rather fight terrorism on our homeland versus theirs.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

See...Here's the deal...Manufacturing jobs are inexorably going to be lost to other lands that don't have the same protections we allow our citizens in the form of working conditions, compensation rates, etc....

What we DO have are an influx of jobs in the technology sector, in constrcution, and other service and or value added jobs...

The job base is shifting from no education required to a highly educated and skilled workforce being essential to filling the workforce void...

Factory job closing up? Start up an internet distribution merchandise kiosk...I know a guy who did it for $500, and has an "office" in a storage facility here in Baton Rouge...a laptop, a cellphone, a high speed internet connection, and a free faxwave number he got offline. Oh yeah, a website...He pulls in close to 6 figures...

Go get educated with computers, and go find a trade that people NEED to have performed (IE, construction, cleaning, landscaping, installing satellites, running coax into houses, cleaning up after construction crews on new developments, etc...).

All are businesses my friends either started and/or actually need to have done for them who already have existing businesses. When business and jobs dry up in one area, you don't just go migrate to the food...That's what the Indians did back in the day...

You don't follow the work, you educate yourself and create your own opportunity, or go check yourself into the local museum...I'm sure they're always looking for new Dinosaur exhibits...

5. busybee

busybee Founding Member

I have one, own my own business, and I'm going back to school.

So please answer the question about health care for our elderly vs health care in Iraq. I don't work in a factory, but we do suffer from a trickle down. I manage a radio station in a town of 30,000, 5000 folks are being laid off from their $35,000 a year jobs. Who wants to buy advertising, when no one has money to spend. All because Maytag is moving all the jobs to Mexico. Tech jobs are great, but jobs in that sector are being sent over seas also. Tried calling a Tech Line for help lately? I'll bet you get a friendly voice on the other end of the phone you can't understand.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Do exactly what you are doing. Sit on your fat a$$, blame Bush for all your problems and wait around for the Democrats to give you a handout. People with your attitude make me want to puke.

7. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

OR Vote Bush out of office

Then work within the system to repair the problems you find there.

If you have a problem with Bush and his administration, organize a grass roots voter registration drive to get voters to the polls to vote Bushco and their corporate welfare agenda out of office.

It's the American way. :D

8. busybee

busybee Founding Member

I work my a-- off and expect no hand outs.

Open your mind the jobs are leaving. You only read part of my post. Do you have parents? My mom is 70 and still has to work to pay for medicine and to pay her co-pay. My only point is let us taken care of our own. You can say I am stupid, but get this I am a hard working dumb a--. I do not believe the problem is Bush, Democrat or Republican. No one is looking out for our best interest, so many politicians have flipped flopped parties, and they are all the same. A Wolf in sheeps clothing.

9. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

I should not have to pay for either health care in the US or in Iraq, other than my own. Whatever Iraq wants to do with their money is their own business.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is the same person on the left quoting Iranian sources for Bush smuggling
    wmd's into Iraq....

Where u been Phatcat?
    Long time no see?