Possible College Gameday Games?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerKid05, Jun 15, 2005.

1. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Ohio State and Texas will get the first one,
    but Tenn & LSU should get one as well.

Share your thoughts now. Don't be shy!
    :geauxtige LSU! :geauxtige LSU! :geauxtige LSU! :geauxtige LSU! :geauxtige LSU!

2. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Has ESPN made it official? That game is against Michigan and Notre Dame.

Tenn. and Florida on the 17th or Notre Dame vs. MSU if there's a hurricane.
    Oklahoma and Texas on October 8
    USC at Cal on Nov. 12th
    Ohio State and Michigan Nov. 19

3. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I was looking at all the games on September 24th, and the only big game other than LSU-Tennessee is Iowa at Ohio State. I seriously doubt they would go to the Iowa-Ohio State game if they are already going to the Texas-Ohio State game on September 10th. I'll make a prediction that GameDay will be here on September 24th.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I made the mistake last night of clicking on ESPNU's TV schedule to see if any good games were being replayed... my mistake was I clicked on July 15th instead of June 15th.

Lo and Behold, they're gonna show an LSU marathon all day. Football games from 2004 include your games against Troy, Oregon State, Florida and Alabama... plus women's BB games against Baylor, Duke and Tennessee.

Check it out: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/schedule?date=20050715&network=99&sport=all

So then I spent half the night trying to find an Iowa marathon day... that didn't go well... so then I tried to find a game, any Iowa game, any date... I guess ESPNU isn't counting too heavily on us farmboys coughing up subscription money... oh, well.

5. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Especially if UT beats Florida the week before. That probably pit 2 top 10 teams(UT probably top 5) against each other in TS(ala LSU-UGA from '03). Looks like it'll be a night game as well, so Courso & the gang will get razzed all day long. I can't fricken wait.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

On an Arizona State board, an Ohio State fan posted that OSU is discouraging Gameday from broadcasting at the UT/OSU game because they anticipate there being way too many people on campus that day if Gameday is there. They're apparently concerned about crowd control.

Now, I have no idea if that is true or not, but I would imagine LSU/ASU would be their logical back-up plan, since ESPN will be in Baton Rouge for the game that night anyway.

7. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Corso, in a tie, in the sun, in Baton Rouge, in September? No way. His ego would melt.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

You must be forgetting that Gameday was here for the Oregon State opener.... :thumb:

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

And Corso would have to pick LSU to win... at least you have a Tiger head he can put on. What's he gonna do if he picks the Vols... put on a mask of PhatPhil? Wear prison garb?

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And the year before last, Gameday was in Baton Rouge for the first UGA game--in September.