Possible Postponed??Say It Aint So..plz

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxutigers, Mar 18, 2003.

1. geauxutigers

geauxutigers Freshman

Myles Brand says fans' and athletes' safety come first.

The NCAA Tournament suddenly has more serious issues than a bracketing goof. Monday night, NCAA president Myles Brand said games could be postponed if the U.S. goes to war this week. Baseball, too, is questioning Opening Day in Japan.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

3. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

It would be a shame to let a mad man like Hussein dictate whether we continue with all aspects of our lives including sports. On the other hand, athletic events seems kind of trivial compared to numerous Americans risking their lives for the sake of world freedoms.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

O.K. Now I'm anti-War. Let's give the inspections more time. Saddam. You've got to 4/8 to come clean.

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I don't see the tournament being postponed. By the time everything got rescheduled it would be time for next years tournament. They might cancel the tournament this year. But if it is because of the terriost threat they just as well not ever have one again. That threat will always be.

6. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

They're playing as scheduled, per press conference on right now on ESPN with NCAA President Myles Brand.

7. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

Maybe I am mistaken, but I would almost think that with technology what it is, the soldiers that are serving probably would like to listen to the games via satelites or internet. It would certainly provide some stress relief for our American servicemen.